Identify as female & run games? Got questions? This panel is for you! Aaron stopped by this panel to record it, so here it is. Thanks to the host, Michelle Lyons-McFarland of Growling Door Games for letting us record it.
Synopsis: Many gamers have a tough time grasping the power of Fate rule systems and player disadvantages in general. Aaron, Shaun, and I discuss how Fate aspects work by using anime and JoJo’s Bizarre Adventure as a lens to examine how it works best. Character flaws make for better storytelling, as they create drama and conflict. We also have shout outs and anecdotes.
- Observer Effect: A new Delta Green scenario is available in PDF. When things go wrong in a physics lab, they go WRONG.
- Invisible Cities: A unique novel of fantastic and impossible cities.
- Humans: A sci-fi drama about androids and their feelings.
- Baltimore: A horror comic series featuring an alternate history WW1 and a plague of vampires. Written by Mike Mignola.
- Ice Fantasy: A Chinese wuxia drama TV series now on Netflix.
- Rain Temple: One of the best vaporwave albums to come out this year.
- Being There: a comedic movie about a man’s unlikely rise to power.
- Spectral: A team of commandos fight ghosts in a war torn country. Great fodder for Night’s Black Agents.
- Kamen Rider Ex-Aid: Kamen Rider doing Kamen Rider things. I don’t know. Ask Aaron.
I recorded some panels while I attended PAX South this year. The first one I recorded goes over some GMing tips and tricks. Have you been running an amazing RPG campaign for years but still have a few problems that keep coming up? Have you always wanted to run a game but felt afraid to get started? The Art of the Table and its fine crew of experienced game masters is here to have a look under the hood of your home game and install whatever’s needed to send your campaign roaring off towards legendary status. Hosted by Danielle Harper [Veteran GM, The Art of the Table], Adam Koebel [Game Designer, Sage Kobold Productions], Randy Scheunemann [Retail Specialist, Steve Jackson Games], Ryan Coogan [Director, Dystopia Rising Lone Star], and Steven Lumpkin [Veteran GM, The Art of the Table].