Synopsis: Our 100th episode was so long I had to break it up into two parts! In this half, I first talk to Adam Scott Glancy of Pagan Publishing for a sneak preview of the upcoming Gencon WW1 Call of Cthulhu games, among other topics. Then it’s back to the roundtable to answer more listener questions. Enjoy and thanks again for listening!
News: A new hero has been released for Base Raiders. Check out Elizabeth Solomon, a scholarly vampire!
Synopsis: For some reason, we’ve kept up making podcast episodes since 2007. It’s taken us that long to get to 100 episodes of the main podcast, but here we are. Of course, we had to do something special, so we’re doing a roundtable discussion of our history and answering listener questions. We also have Shane Ivey from Arc Dream Publishing and Greg Stolze on as guests. Because of all our guests, this is a longer than usual episode. In fact, this episode went so long, I broke it up into two parts. I’ll release part two next week. Thanks for listening to us. RPPR has been a blast so far and I hope to continue it until the inevitable Cthulhu/zombie/meteor-based apocalypse 😀
News: Transhuman, a sourcebook for players in Eclipse Phase is out! Caleb and I both wrote for it, so check it out. In other news, Base Raiders is rapidly nearing completion and in playtesting. More importantly, Gencon draws near! Tom, Aaron, Caleb and I will be there. The RPPR Meetup will be 6 pm on Friday the 16th at the Hyatt Lobby. See you there.
Synopsis: Describing things is the primary job of the gamemaster, but many times, something gets lost. Players misunderstand what is being said or the gamemaster forgets an important detail. What do you do when players make a mistake? Whose fault is it? Tom, special guest Bill, and I talk about our approaches as gamemasters when it comes to describing scenes and dealing with player interpretations. Plus, Tom has a letter, shout outs and anecdotes!
- Slasher Flick: An indie horror RPG that emulates slasher films. Very fun and easy to learn. Listen to our Actual Play.
- To Be Or Not To Be: A Choose Your Own Adventure based on Hamlet. Written by Ryan North of Dinosaur Comics fame.
- Transhuman: If you play Eclipse Phase you should get this and I am not just saying this because I wrote it. It has all kinds of great stuff in it. For reals.
- Shadowrun Returns: The new computer game based on everyone’s favorite magic cyberpunk game, chummer.
- Welcome to Night Vale: You can stop emailing us about it. We know and we like it.
- Shadow Bound: An upcoming silent horror web series with Lovecraftian themes.
- Much Ado About Nothing: Wheddon directed a Shakespearean Comedy. Deal with it.
- Bundle of Holding: Like Humble Bundle but with tabletop RPG PDFs.
- Master of Magic: Turn based fantasy 4x game. Available on GoG.com.
- The Dionaea House: Creepypasta series about a haunted house.