Caleb has restarted work on Slingstone, his superhero-slaying RPG. We have some playtests of the first version of Slingstone on RPPR B-Sides volume 5 if you want to hear that. I have an idea for a zine system-free version of Night Clerk, one of our more popular AP episodes. We also talk about creativity in the age of Covid-19.
Synopsis: We are preparing for a Blades in the Dark campaign, so Caleb, Birk, and I talk about planning heists as players. Heists are harder for some players to comprehend because force isn’t always an option. Discretion and cunning are harder to learn than murderhoboery, but hopefully this will help!
- Sun Down Motel: A novel about a haunted motel and two women who investigate it
- Sentient: a comic about a generation ship, its AI, and the children it raises
- End of Policing: a nonfiction book about changing how we think about the police and the legal system
- Midnight Ultra: a psychedelic FPS about killing cultists and monsters in acid Quake graphics
- The Shallows: a book about how the Internet is changing us.
- Floor is Lava: A silly obstacle course show on Netflix
News: If you like this episode, consider backing the RPPR Patreon to get 4 years of After Hours episodes, plus early access to Actual Plays, and access to our Discord. I am streaming weird videos like my movie Motor Home from Hell!
Synopsis: Our listeners have been sending in some great review fodder, so Caleb reviews Cyberskelter, a scenario anthology for Cyberspace, the same RPG that was responsible for Death Valley Free Prison. I review part of the Future King, a batshit insane RPG/adventure that takes six very specific heroes from history to save King Athur. We also discuss some Kickstarter-related topics, such as a certain con artist and the practicality of Chaosium’s Horror on the Orient Express.