Synopsis: The logistics of international shipping are maddening. Caleb went through a crucible but has finally delivered print copies to both American and overseas backers. Find out what went wrong and what lessons can be learned from it.
News:I will be at Patrecon next weekend to learn how to improve the RPPR Patreon! It should be interesting and I will report back in the next episode. Caleb and Spencer are heading to Metatopia to playtest their new game Party Fowl. Check out photos of it on Facebook. Don’t forget about the Gobblin’ Kickstarter!
Synopsis: As you may know, Caleb and I have another podcast called the Mixed Six, along with another co-host, Spencer. He’s a huge board game player but had never played a tabletop RPG before until Caleb and I introduced him. We have been recording an ongoing series for the Mixed Six Patreon called Snippets of Adventure. We will make the first season available to Youtube and the first two episodes are already online. In this episode Caleb, Spencer, and I discuss the series and Spencer’s experiences as a new RPG player. Plus, shout outs and anecdotes, as usual!
- Pathfinder Adventurer’s Guide: A collection of player facing organizations in Golarion.
- Prairie Artisan Ales: Thanks to Bas and Holly for alerting us to this brewery!
- Ruiner: Cyberpunk ultra-violent vidya game.
- Urban Shadows: A modern horror PbtA RPG with interesting mechanics.
- Riverdale Season 2: WTF Archie why is there blood everywhere?
- Tabletop Tapes: Thanks to Daniel Stewart for the shout outs on Twitter!
- The Sprawl: A PbtA cyberpunk RPG that models the genre quite well.
- Maple Syrup Blood Money: A podcast about Riverdale by RPPR friends Noah and Kyle!
- The wellRED Podcast: Rednecks with leftist politics discuss the issues and life.
- 25 MST3K Movies that Changed My Life In No Way Whatsoever: A funny book by Tv’s Frank
News: Reminder that we have a Patreon! Be sure to check out our bonus content via RPPR After Hours. Red Markets is now available to preorder via Backer Kit. We will be recording an episode of RPPR live at Gen Con 50! Check here for details.
Synopsis: After seeing Spiderman: Homecoming, we had to discuss the morality behind the movie’s antagonist, the Vulture. After all, he’s essentially a base raider, so I felt obligated to discuss some of the themes with Aaron, Caleb, and Tom. We also discussed the morality of the superhero genre in general. Plus, anecdotes and shout outs!
- The Vanishing of Ethan Carter: a beautiful puzzle game with Lovecraftian themes. Short but worth playing.
- Kamen Rider Amazons: It’s Kamen Rider but with sneaky spy stuff apparently.
- Ichi-F: A manga about working the cleanup at Fukushima Nuclear Plant.
- A Dark Song: A truly fucked up horror movie about sorcery.
- Oats Studio – Zygote: A sci-fi horror short by Neil Blomkamp. Incredible monster design and very tense.
- Banished: A medieval town simulator game. It turns out life was hard in the middle ages.
- Scarecrow Video: A world class video rental store with an unmatched collection. If you live in Seattle, check it out!
- Chicano Batman: A cool soul band with a great name
- Deadly Tower of Monsters: A fun video game about a 1950s sci-fi B-movie.
- Super Hot VR: It’s Super Hot and it’s in VR!
- Awful Fantasy the Card Game: It’s like that Twitter but in card game form!
- Seventh Curse: Basically a pulp Cthulhu movie in 1980s HK cinematic style.