We recently finished posting Fallen Flag, a Red Markets campaign, so I got Caleb, David, Shaun, and Faust together to discuss it. We talk about everything from creating the enclave to individual character arcs. If you haven’t caught up with Fallen Flag, check out our campaign page, which links all of the episodes. I’ll get Tom and Aaron to discuss the campaign in a segment in a future RPPR episode.
News: RPPR is going to PAX South. Tweet @rosspayton if you want to meet up.
Synopsis: Murphy’s Rules are a long standing tradition in RPGs. The rules of the game have unintended consequences and can be interpreted in ways that create…unique situations. I created a list of some Murphy’s Rules from this thread on the SA forums so I could share them with you and Caleb.We talk about how these ideas could be mined for use in a RPG campaign. We also have shout outs and an anecdote from Caleb!
- Curse of the Crimson Throne: A new Pathfinder campaign book featuring an entire Adventure Path.
- This is the Police: A new strategy game about managing a police department.
- Alcoholic Republic: Americans drank SO MUCH whiskey back in the 19th century. SO MUCH.
- Night Manager: A new TV series about espionage. Spy on spy action!
- Blame! It’s now out in print in America. Get that hot transhuman sci-fi manga action.
- Yakuza 3 review: Possibly one of the best reviews ever written in the history of reviews.
- Autopsy of Jane Doe: A new horror film about a mysterious corpse. Very good!
- The Bug Out series: an insightful survival guide series of manuals
- Titanfall 2: Robots that go pew pew pew.
- Complete Youtube Saver: Download Youtube videos onto your computer. Very useful!
The Mixed Six website is now up! We are currently submitting the podcast to iTunes and all other podcast services. If you enjoy The Mixed Six please subscribe to it on your podcasting app of choice. Caleb has also started a Patreon to support The Mixed Six.
- Oatmeal Stout by Free State Brewing Company AND El Gose by Avery: In this week’s Dissecting Our Fun, Spence and Caleb talk about Cargo Noir and the importance of accessibility in games.
- Aunt Sally by Lagunitas: The Armchair Directors compare notes on their bottom 5 superhero films and argue about what it truly means to suck.
- Shakespeare Oatmeal Stout by Rogue Brewing: In Nerdsplainer, Caleb sees how many disbelieving guffaws he can provoke from Spence by explaining the evolution of SpeedRunning.
- Tell-Tale Tart by Boulevard Brewing Company: In Binge Binger, the crew talks about shows they were forced to watch and came to like as a psychological coping mechanism. It’s Stockholm Syndrome television time.
- Antique Amber by Crown Valley Brewing Company: In Dear Mixed Six, a seemingly innocent question about S’mores sends one of the hosts into an enraged fugue state.
- Christmas Ale by Schlafly Brewing Company: Finally Drunk Enough, Spence and Caleb provide a loving read of the Singularity and our boy RAY-K.