A question and answer panel about incorporating LGBT themes into play and/or supporting your queer players, featuring David and Bridget from Role Playing Public Radio and Matt from the Drunk and Ugly (Sorry about the delay in posting it! I forgot until Matt reminded me.)
We’re back from Gen Con and we had a blast! In this episode we go over the highlights and low points of our con experiences and more importantly, the games we played! Board games, card games, and of course, role playing games. What did we try out and what did we grab for future episodes?
If you want to hear how Caleb and Spencer did, listen to the Mixed Six Hot Takes Gen Con special, available to everyone, not just backers of their Patreon.
- Hanamikoji: a new card game about winning the favor of geishas.
- Catch the Moon: a dexterity game about balancing ladders.
- Petrichor: a beautiful board game about clouds raining on crops.
- Grackles:A fun abstract strategy game.
- Goodcritters:a game about bribery and manipulation. And furries.
- Buy the Rights:a fun party game about coming up with movie ideas.
- Kory Bing: a web comic artist and creator of Skin Deep.
- Tortuga 1667:a pirate board game about hidden identities and looting.
- Cosmic Horror Panel by the Drunk and Ugly
- Epyllion:A RPG about dragons and friendships
- Elderwood Academy: Custom dice towers and other crafted goods.
- X-Wings Minis: all the spaceship fighting you could want!
- Kill Team: Warhammer 40k but with fewer figures.
- Autumn Frederickson: a fantasy artist who paints tiny dragons.
- Extra Credits: a Youtube channel that explains nerdy topics.
If I left something out, post about it in the comments.
News: I am going on vacation later this month, but don’t worry! There will be a lot of podcasts this month. We also have a new system for scheduling online games for the RPPR Patreon using our Discord server.
Synopsis: There is an annual contest on the Delta Green email list for writing short scenarios. The Shotgun Scenario contest forces contestants to write the best possible DG scenario under 1500 words. It’s gone on since 2005 and last year had some great entries. Dan, David, Tom, and I read a bunch of them to discuss what we liked about them. We also have shout outs and anecdotes!
- Dark Season 1: an intriguing and fascinating mystery show on Netflix.
- Skullsplitter Dice: Very cool dice for the hardcore player.
- 2mello: A talented lo-fi hip hop producer and DJ. Great tunes!
- Synthetic Dawn: a new DLC for Stellaris
- Doki Doki Literature Club: A free and amazing game on Steam. Saying more is spoilers. Play it!
- Polyhero Dice: Uniquely shaped dice for the discerning gamer.
- Renowned Explorers: A RPG with roguelike elements. Become Explorer of the Year!
- Those Unknowable: A Lovecraftian sci-fi web comic.