News: No Soul Left Behind is out! BUY CALEB’S BOOK! If you backed Boiling Point, check the Kickstarter to read the text for Sparkles the Unicorn.
Synopsis: Duality, a Rimward and gatecrashing focused Eclipse Phase campaign recently wrapped up on the Actual Play site. You can browse the entire list of episodes here if you need to catch up. Caleb, Tom, Aaron, and I discuss the campaign and what we liked and didn’t like about it. It took a long time to play and run and we did learn a little about ourselves and our favored play styles by doing so.
- The Annihilation Score: The latest in the Laundry novel series. An occult violinist battles demons, both personal and external.
- Margin Call: a movie about the 2008 financial crisis and who caused it.
- Exile: An extremely Lovecraftian horror film with some rather terrifying body horror.
- Concept: A board game about figuring out phrases from common symbols.
- Sonic Dream Collection: It’s like Deviant Art manifested itself.
- Last Week Tonight – Televangelists: John Oliver examines how televangelists can make money without taxation because religion.
Song: D a n c e O f C a t s by Datasette
Podcast: Play in new window | Download (Duration: 1:47:34 — 74.0MB)
Subscribe: Android |
Back during Gencon 2013, Caleb and I hung out with the talented members of Posthuman Studios and talked about many a topic, including game design and the tabletop RPG industry. If there is one interview you listen to this year, make it this one!
Podcast: Play in new window | Download (Duration: 57:05 — 39.2MB)
Subscribe: Android |
News: Base Raiders is nearly complete! The PDF should be available to backers around September 10! Caleb is starting a new podcast through RPPR called Game Designer’s Workshop. Expect the first episode in the next month. Also, check out his blog post about Gen Con at Hebanon Games.
Synopsis: Another Gen Con has come and gone. This year, Tom, Aaron, Caleb, and I quested for the most awesome of gaming conventions and lo and behold did we have a good time. We recount our experiences running games, attending events, meeting great authors and designers, and the RPPR fan meetup! We also got a lot of new games to try out for the Actual Play podcast, so keep an eye out for that. Cosplay, PC mishaps, history lessons, and Night Vale dominated this year, so if you want to find out exactly If you met one of us at the con, be sure to say hi in the comments! I’m sorry I didn’t catch everyone’s name.
- Transhuman: They thanked RPPR in it!
- Better Angels: Caleb is writing a campaign for it. We’re playtesting it now.
- Hackmaster: I got a copy of the new version, so we’ll be running that this fall.
- Eternal Lies: A new Trail of Cthulhu campaign, with its own soundtrack.
- Esoterrorists, Second Edition: More setting material and slightly revised rules.
- Sense of the Sleight of Hand Man: I finally have it, so we’ll be running a campaign of it very soon.
- 13th Age: A new d20 fantasy RPG with interesting new rule.
- Our Last, Best Hope: A new indie RPG that simulates Save the World narratives.
- Durance: Space Australia indie RPG
- Hillfolk: Finally got my copy of it and Blood on the Snow, so we will be running that as well.
- Call of Cathulhu: Cats fight the Mythos!
- Out of Space: A scenario anthology of Trail of Cthulhu adventures, including the Repairer of Reputation.
- Ghosts of Dragonspear Castle: I got this for Bill, so perhaps he will run some D&D Next this fall.
- The Final Revelation: Caleb picked up this horrifying anthology of Trail of Cthulhu adventures.
- Spark: an indie RPG about world creation and storytelling.
- Dungeon World: Finally got a few copies between us, so this is definitely on the queue for the AP podcast.
- Sinner: A new novel by Greg Stolze about a supervillain.
- Cards Against Humanity: We’re all terrible monsters.
- Double Tap: A new player’s handbook for Night’s Black Agents
- Mutants and Masterminds, 3rd Edition: 20% more mutants!
Song: Gamer Funk by the FuMP
Podcast: Play in new window | Download (Duration: 1:17:20 — 53.1MB)
Subscribe: Android |