I recently interviewed Dustin DePenning, a game designer who has published a new sci-fi RPG called Synthicide. We talk about the game’s mechanics, his background as a game designer, and more! If you’re interested in the game, you should check out its website to learn more.
I recently spoke to Red Hook Studio co-founder, Chris Bourassa about the hit video game, Darkest Dungeon. We’ve spoke about this game before on the podcast. It’s a fascinating mix of Lovecraftian horror, team management, and brutal dungeon crawling. I’ve quite enjoyed it. Find out what plans Red Hook has for Darkest Dungeon, what Chris has learned about game design while working on the game and what his favorite Lovecraft stories are!
News: RPPR is going to PAX South. Tweet @rosspayton if you want to meet up.
Synopsis: Murphy’s Rules are a long standing tradition in RPGs. The rules of the game have unintended consequences and can be interpreted in ways that create…unique situations. I created a list of some Murphy’s Rules from this thread on the SA forums so I could share them with you and Caleb.We talk about how these ideas could be mined for use in a RPG campaign. We also have shout outs and an anecdote from Caleb!
- Curse of the Crimson Throne: A new Pathfinder campaign book featuring an entire Adventure Path.
- This is the Police: A new strategy game about managing a police department.
- Alcoholic Republic: Americans drank SO MUCH whiskey back in the 19th century. SO MUCH.
- Night Manager: A new TV series about espionage. Spy on spy action!
- Blame! It’s now out in print in America. Get that hot transhuman sci-fi manga action.
- Yakuza 3 review: Possibly one of the best reviews ever written in the history of reviews.
- Autopsy of Jane Doe: A new horror film about a mysterious corpse. Very good!
- The Bug Out series: an insightful survival guide series of manuals
- Titanfall 2: Robots that go pew pew pew.
- Complete Youtube Saver: Download Youtube videos onto your computer. Very useful!