Games Discussed below the fold
News: The RPPR Patreon has a new milestone and if we reach it, we will create new RSS feeds for your favorite classic campaigns, like Know Evil. This will allow you to easily download them with your favorite podcasting app. Learn more details on our Patreon. We have an example RSS feed for the Final Revelation campaign.
Synopsis:Our campaign of Reign, Nagalisitu, is over. We got together to discuss the story, the game mechanics, and what we thought of the Hunting Pack’s journey. Find out where the title word comes from, our favorite moments, and a lot more!
Cast: Ross, Caleb, David, Jay B, and Aaron
Music: Game Over by Amerigo Gazaway
Many RPG campaigns inevitably have at least one session that’s more about shopping for new items and gear. Some players love it and others hate it. How important are items and associated game mechanics for them? Caleb, Jay B, and I discuss the differing philosophies of items in various RPGs, from Phoenix Command’s detailed rules to Fiasco’s non-existent rules for items. We also discuss an upcoming gear book for Red Markets, plus shout outs and anecdotes.
News: Party Fowl is out! If you haven’t already got a copy of the best duck-themed social gathering board game of 2019, then get yours today! Also, I am going to Australia next month, but RPPR will still be going strong. I will be posting about my trip on Twitter and Instagram.
- Kingdom: A show about a zombie outbreak in medieval Korea.
- The Order: A show about secret society of mages fight werewolves on a college campus.
- The Umbrella Academy: A show based on the comic. Wes Anderson meets the X-Men.
- Devotion: A great horror video game about a family in Taiwan in the 80s.
- The BSA Red Markets campaign: Playtesting mass combat rules for Red Markets.
- Call to Adventure: a new board game by Brotherwise Games. Review forthcoming!
- Velvet Buzzsaw and Blurred Lines: A movie and a documentary about the art world.