News: I will be attending ComicPalooza this year, sharing a table with Diana Botsford. I’ll be running some demos of Base Raiders as well – stay tuned for details. Firewall, the newest Eclipse Phase book is out and Caleb and I both wrote for it. We also have more Raillery videos, like Bodyball and more Darkest Dungeon goodness!
Synopsis: Tom, Caleb, and I first discuss the recent political controversy over the Indiana RFRA law and how it connects to Gen Con. After getting politics out of the way, we move on to old school gaming – in particular the style of dungeon crawling RPGs that first appeared in the 1970s. Back in the first days of gaming, there were few conventions in what a RPG should and should not be. We talk about what we like and dislike about the old school. Plus there’s a letter from Tom, shout outs, and anecdotes!
- Fear the Con: A tabletop gaming convention in St. Louis.
- Dungeon Crawl Classics: Old School Spirit but with great rules!
- Cities: Skylines: Simcity but good.DON’T CUT FUNDING YOU WILL REGRET THIS
- City of Darkness, Revisited: Amazing book about Kowloon Walled City and its impact.
- Rythlondar: The archives of a 1970s D&D campaign.
- RPGamer Network: Streaming vidya game music. Mostly good stuff.
- The Works of James K Morrow: Towing Jehovah sounds like a crazy novel.
- Bloodborne: Hat and Sociopathic Behavior Simulator GOTY 2015
- Katanas and Trenchcoats: Only 90s kids will understand.