For the first time, we actually scheduled an official meetup and panel for RPPR fans at Gen Con. Most of the RPPR crew showed up and a TON of fans did as well. We played a few games, answered questions, talked about the podcast, game design, and of course had a Ross Payton Horrible Monster impersonation contest. Enjoy!
We are back from Gen Con, bearing many stories and more importantly, loot! Because so many of us went to Gen Con, this double length episode features 3 round table discussions. Learn about True Dungeon, new games, crafting workshops, meetups, and more!
- True Dungeon: Not quite LARPing, definitely not tabletop dungeon crawling.
- Bloodborne Card Game: Based on the video game – a semi-cooperative/competitive monster hunting game.
- God Hates Charades: It’s like charades but with filthy minded cards.
- Red Dragon Inn: A game about fantasy adventurers out drinking each other at a tavern.
- Escape the Booth: An escape room and tabletop game
- Battle of Hogwarts: Not out yet, but sounds quite fun for all Harry Potter fans.
- Konflikt 47: A weird World War 2 skirmish game based on the Bolt Action system from Warlord Games.
- Dragonstone Mine:A Kickstarted board game that looks like fun.
- Dominion: Empires: A new expansion for Dominions that offers new mechanics and more advanced gameplay.
Synopsis: Gen Con is over and what a time we had! Between the games we played, fans we met, and panels we ran or attended, all of us had a blast this year. In this special extra long episode, we discuss our most memorable experiences of the con, and of course, our loot. Hear from Caleb, Tom, Aaron, David, Dan, Bill, Melissa, Michelle, and myself as we go over the con!
Shout Outs (wow so many very links)
- Eclectic Eccentricities: A neat shop of dice jewelery and other crafts.
- Michael Plondaya’s art blog: He made Red Markets fan art! Also, a great artist.
- Drunk and Ugly: They hung out with us and we were on some of their panels.
- Review Cultist’s Art: Gaze upon Lucille in all her glory!
- Feng Shui 2: Hong Kong style action movie gaming, now in print!
- Dreamhounds of Paris: The Surrealist movement meets Cthulhu. A winning combination!
- Cthulhu Apocalypse: 1930s post-apocalyptic Cthulhu survival horror.
- Superfight: A card game about arguing who would win a fight. Quite fun!
- Meow: M E O W.
- Bezier Games: Neat board and card games. David approved.
- Malleus Monstrorum: A compendium of Cthulhu monsters and gods.
- Shotguns vs. Cthulhu: An anthology of stories about fighting the mythos, presumably with shotguns.
- Geek Therapy: Therapy by and for geeks.
- Baby Bestiary: Super kawaii monsters – who could kill a baby owlbear?
- Snake Oil: a fun card game about salesmanship and creativity.
- The Cartel: An Apocalypse World powered game about powerful drug cartels.
- At the Hands of an Angry God: A game about building a Utopia.
- Cthulhu Dark Ages, Second Edition: A new edition for 7th edition Call of Cthulhu! No store page for it yet though.
- Noble Treachery: A card game about becoming king by screwing over the other nobles.
- Night Witches: An Apocalypse World powered game about female pilots in the Russian military during World War 2.
- Misspent Youth: A RPG about fighting the MAN as an angry teenager.
- Q Workshop: Cool dice maker.
- Ashen Stars – Accretion Disk: A supplement for Ashen Stars with new gear and aliens.
- Gadget Guides: Get your gadgets for your Mutants and Masterminds game!
- Adorable Pandaring: Who has the cutest panda?
- Alpha Bandits: A word game about stuff. God so many licks to write up
- Wordariffic: A card game about picking words from random cards.
- Kettle of Fish, Accidental Cyclops, and Lurkers in the Valley: Cool LARP groups that put on great games!
- Pocket belts: Lack pockets? Get a belt of them!
- Lowlife: great counter-culture looking RPG with a unique setting.
- Skirmish Outbreak: A new miniature based skirmish game – survivors fighting zombies and each other.