I have attended every Gen Con since 2007 and it has become a very important part of my life. It led to the creation of RPPR, my career in RPG writing, and the start of many deep friendships. Without RPPR, I would have never met Maddy. I have no idea what my life would be without Gen Con, RPPR, and Maddy. Enjoy this very special RPPR Live!
Role Playing Public Radio, the Ennie Award winning RPG podcast, will record a live episode of their show. We will talk about Gen Con, take questions from the audience, & more! We wound up playing a game of Maid, reviewing a board game, and answering a lot of audience questions.
Thanks to Adam from RPX for recording the questions.
(Photos from Thad’s Polaroid camera)
We’re back from Gen Con and we had a blast! In this episode we go over the highlights and low points of our con experiences and more importantly, the games we played! Board games, card games, and of course, role playing games. What did we try out and what did we grab for future episodes?
If you want to hear how Caleb and Spencer did, listen to the Mixed Six Hot Takes Gen Con special, available to everyone, not just backers of their Patreon.
- Hanamikoji: a new card game about winning the favor of geishas.
- Catch the Moon: a dexterity game about balancing ladders.
- Petrichor: a beautiful board game about clouds raining on crops.
- Grackles:A fun abstract strategy game.
- Goodcritters:a game about bribery and manipulation. And furries.
- Buy the Rights:a fun party game about coming up with movie ideas.
- Kory Bing: a web comic artist and creator of Skin Deep.
- Tortuga 1667:a pirate board game about hidden identities and looting.
- Cosmic Horror Panel by the Drunk and Ugly
- Epyllion:A RPG about dragons and friendships
- Elderwood Academy: Custom dice towers and other crafted goods.
- X-Wings Minis: all the spaceship fighting you could want!
- Kill Team: Warhammer 40k but with fewer figures.
- Autumn Frederickson: a fantasy artist who paints tiny dragons.
- Extra Credits: a Youtube channel that explains nerdy topics.
If I left something out, post about it in the comments.