If you are a fan of our Actual Play episodes, head over to the brand new RPPR Actual Play Podcast. It will feature a new AP episode every single week! We’ve already got over 11 hours of Call of Cthulhu ready for download. Don’t forget to comment on the episodes or post about them in our forums if you enjoy them.
As you might have realized, it’s been a while since we’ve done an episode. I’ve had to move, get the Goblin Hulk PDF out and set up the new podcast feed. Fortunately, the Goblin Hulk has already gotten some good reviews, so if you haven’t, be sure to check it out. But all is now well so we can go back to the basics: gaming advice, shout outs and Tom bitching about the announcer voice. In this episode, we focus on improving a game by talking about NPCs who aren’t enemies or quest-givers. Many GMs forget to include this type of NPC, thinking of only the bare essentials in their game, but a great game needs NPCs who just do their own thing. I also go over some game design advice as described by Jordan Mechner which relates to the discussion. We also have several anecdotes, a rant about the POS movie 2012 and more!
- Creature Feature: The Greatest Show Unearthed – horror rock music that Tom approves of.
- Eisenhorn: A Warhammer 40k sci-fi action pulp novel trilogy. Very slick, bad-ass fiction.
- E-collapse: A new superhero RPG put out by Greg Stolze. Postmodern ideologies and super-science.
- Hobocon: If you are curious about Gencon, check this documentary about it. Interesting but flawed.
- Time Travel T-shirt: A very useful t-shirt.
- L4D2: The bestest vidya game ever. My Xbox Live gamertag is Clockworkjoe13
- The Room: The bestest movie ever. WATCH IT.
- Black Dynamite: The most super-bad outta sight movie ever.