We recently finished posting Fallen Flag, a Red Markets campaign, so I got Caleb, David, Shaun, and Faust together to discuss it. We talk about everything from creating the enclave to individual character arcs. If you haven’t caught up with Fallen Flag, check out our campaign page, which links all of the episodes. I’ll get Tom and Aaron to discuss the campaign in a segment in a future RPPR episode.
Synopsis: Many gamers have a tough time grasping the power of Fate rule systems and player disadvantages in general. Aaron, Shaun, and I discuss how Fate aspects work by using anime and JoJo’s Bizarre Adventure as a lens to examine how it works best. Character flaws make for better storytelling, as they create drama and conflict. We also have shout outs and anecdotes.
- Observer Effect: A new Delta Green scenario is available in PDF. When things go wrong in a physics lab, they go WRONG.
- Invisible Cities: A unique novel of fantastic and impossible cities.
- Humans: A sci-fi drama about androids and their feelings.
- Baltimore: A horror comic series featuring an alternate history WW1 and a plague of vampires. Written by Mike Mignola.
- Ice Fantasy: A Chinese wuxia drama TV series now on Netflix.
- Rain Temple: One of the best vaporwave albums to come out this year.
- Being There: a comedic movie about a man’s unlikely rise to power.
- Spectral: A team of commandos fight ghosts in a war torn country. Great fodder for Night’s Black Agents.
- Kamen Rider Ex-Aid: Kamen Rider doing Kamen Rider things. I don’t know. Ask Aaron.
For the first time, we actually scheduled an official meetup and panel for RPPR fans at Gen Con. Most of the RPPR crew showed up and a TON of fans did as well. We played a few games, answered questions, talked about the podcast, game design, and of course had a Ross Payton Horrible Monster impersonation contest. Enjoy!