News: RPPR B-Sides Volume 2 is now available! Get 24 actual play episodes and help support RPPR. This volume has playtests, con games, and more! In other news, Boiling Point is still being worked on as is the Sparkles supplement for Base Raiders. Also, Gen Con 2015 event submission has opened up. Contact Arc Dream if you want to run games and get a free badge and product.
Synopsis: The Final Revelation is the shortest complete campaign we’ve run at RPPR, but its complexity and depth merits a good post mortem discussion. Caleb, Aaron, and I discuss our experiences playing and running the game, purism vs pulp in cthulhu mythos gaming, player agency in RPG design, and other related topics. Tom wasn’t able to make this episode so no letter but we do have shout outs and a very special anecdote about shark fighting.
- Escape Goat 2: A great puzzle game about a magical goat and his mouse BFF.
- Silver Screen Fiend: A new book from Patton Oswalt about his addiction to cinema.
- Bad Robots: A UK prank show themed around malfunctioning technology.
- Concrete Grove: Not quite a solid recommendation, but I read the entire book for what that’s worth.
- Adult Swim Infomercials: JOIN THE ANTI-HAROLD TASK FORCE BEFORE IT IS TOO LATE
- Whiplash: A film about jazz, abuse, and obsession.
- Tokyo Ghoul: an anime about the occult, cannibalism, and milquetoast student protagonists. Breaking new ground in anime tropes!
- Touch of Cloth: A hilarious cop show parody similar to Police Squad, but way, way dirtier.
Song: A Dark Revelation by Dusk’s Embrace
Podcast: Play in new window | Download (Duration: 1:52:33 — 77.5MB)
Subscribe: Android |
News: Base Raiders is nearly complete! The PDF should be available to backers around September 10! Caleb is starting a new podcast through RPPR called Game Designer’s Workshop. Expect the first episode in the next month. Also, check out his blog post about Gen Con at Hebanon Games.
Synopsis: Another Gen Con has come and gone. This year, Tom, Aaron, Caleb, and I quested for the most awesome of gaming conventions and lo and behold did we have a good time. We recount our experiences running games, attending events, meeting great authors and designers, and the RPPR fan meetup! We also got a lot of new games to try out for the Actual Play podcast, so keep an eye out for that. Cosplay, PC mishaps, history lessons, and Night Vale dominated this year, so if you want to find out exactly If you met one of us at the con, be sure to say hi in the comments! I’m sorry I didn’t catch everyone’s name.
- Transhuman: They thanked RPPR in it!
- Better Angels: Caleb is writing a campaign for it. We’re playtesting it now.
- Hackmaster: I got a copy of the new version, so we’ll be running that this fall.
- Eternal Lies: A new Trail of Cthulhu campaign, with its own soundtrack.
- Esoterrorists, Second Edition: More setting material and slightly revised rules.
- Sense of the Sleight of Hand Man: I finally have it, so we’ll be running a campaign of it very soon.
- 13th Age: A new d20 fantasy RPG with interesting new rule.
- Our Last, Best Hope: A new indie RPG that simulates Save the World narratives.
- Durance: Space Australia indie RPG
- Hillfolk: Finally got my copy of it and Blood on the Snow, so we will be running that as well.
- Call of Cathulhu: Cats fight the Mythos!
- Out of Space: A scenario anthology of Trail of Cthulhu adventures, including the Repairer of Reputation.
- Ghosts of Dragonspear Castle: I got this for Bill, so perhaps he will run some D&D Next this fall.
- The Final Revelation: Caleb picked up this horrifying anthology of Trail of Cthulhu adventures.
- Spark: an indie RPG about world creation and storytelling.
- Dungeon World: Finally got a few copies between us, so this is definitely on the queue for the AP podcast.
- Sinner: A new novel by Greg Stolze about a supervillain.
- Cards Against Humanity: We’re all terrible monsters.
- Double Tap: A new player’s handbook for Night’s Black Agents
- Mutants and Masterminds, 3rd Edition: 20% more mutants!
Song: Gamer Funk by the FuMP
Podcast: Play in new window | Download (Duration: 1:17:20 — 53.1MB)
Subscribe: Android |