Synopsis: The World of Darkness is a massive family of role playing games spanning from 1991 to today. We invite Jason and Aaron, both regulars from the RPPR AP podcast, to discuss the wide range of horror games. As we are more familiar with the old World of Darkness than the new, we spend more time discussing that the new World of Darkness but neither side is neglected. We also discuss how to jump in the World of Darkness, common pitfalls for running games in this universe and some of our favorite books or settings for it. Oh and of course, the metaplot. Tom also has a letter, and we have shout outs and a horror related anecdote from a listener email.
- Drifter Broken Road: A post-apocalyptic Western. Shoot outs in the ruins of a bombed out world.
- Kindred the Embraced: An ill-fated television show based on the role playing game, Vampire: The Masquerade.
- Destroyer: A horror movie starring Anthony Perkins.
- Feed: A dystopian sci-fi novel about inserting the Internet in your head. Kind of.
- Rochard: A fun 2d platformer/puzzle video game on Steam with a great soundtrack.
- The Sixth Gun: A horror/western comic created by Cullen Bunn. Great fodder for RPGs!
- Danger 5: A hilariously insane Australian comedy show about fighting Nazis, being sexist and drinking too much.
- Community: A funny sitcom that had a D&D based episode.
- Amnesia: Dark Descent – a scary as fuck video game.
- Horror Recognition Guide: Great fiction set in the new World of Darkness.
- Reincarnation: A flash game that Tom likes.