To celebrate our first year of the RPPR Patreon, we have created new milestones so we can create more podcasts for you! After Hours has proven to be a hit with our Patreon backers and there’s a lot of interest in the Old World of Darkness, so I merged the two to create WoD The Heck.It’s a humorous look at the oWoD, by a mix of veterans and newbies. This episode is a free preview of the podcast. If you like it, please consider backing the RPPR Patreon. If we reach the $1,600 milestone, we will make this a monthly podcast for all backers!
In this episode, Shaun and I, along with Faust from the Third Wheel look at one of the most hated books in the entire oWoD – The Dirty Secrets of the Black Hand. This book broke all the rules: blatant crossovers from multiple gamelines, unabashed powergaming, and worst of all, it made the kewlest, most munchkin discipline, Vicissitude, into a bad thing. Truly, unforgivable crimes.
Song: Marketplace by Chinese Hackers.
Podcast: Play in new window | Download (Duration: 2:03:24 — 56.7MB)
Subscribe: Android |
RPPR News: The first RPPR video is now online. Check it out!
RPPR friend, Pagan Publishing has a Kickstarter going on. Take a look at it.
Arc Dream has a Kickstarter for Sense of the Sleight of Hand Man, a Call of Cthulhu Dreamlands campaign.
Synopsis: The World of Darkness is a massive family of role playing games spanning from 1991 to today. We invite Jason and Aaron, both regulars from the RPPR AP podcast, to discuss the wide range of horror games. As we are more familiar with the old World of Darkness than the new, we spend more time discussing that the new World of Darkness but neither side is neglected. We also discuss how to jump in the World of Darkness, common pitfalls for running games in this universe and some of our favorite books or settings for it. Oh and of course, the metaplot. Tom also has a letter, and we have shout outs and a horror related anecdote from a listener email.
- Drifter Broken Road: A post-apocalyptic Western. Shoot outs in the ruins of a bombed out world.
- Kindred the Embraced: An ill-fated television show based on the role playing game, Vampire: The Masquerade.
- Destroyer: A horror movie starring Anthony Perkins.
- Feed: A dystopian sci-fi novel about inserting the Internet in your head. Kind of.
- Rochard: A fun 2d platformer/puzzle video game on Steam with a great soundtrack.
- The Sixth Gun: A horror/western comic created by Cullen Bunn. Great fodder for RPGs!
- Danger 5: A hilariously insane Australian comedy show about fighting Nazis, being sexist and drinking too much.
- Community: A funny sitcom that had a D&D based episode.
- Amnesia: Dark Descent – a scary as fuck video game.
- Horror Recognition Guide: Great fiction set in the new World of Darkness.
- Reincarnation: A flash game that Tom likes.
Song: Darkness be thy Name by Midnight Configuration
Podcast: Play in new window | Download (Duration: 1:46:48 — 73.4MB)
Subscribe: Android |
Most games start as an idea in the GM’s head. However, it takes some work to go from idea to having a full campaign ready to run. Tom and I discuss the process of creating a campaign and our experiences in creating and running them. If you want to make a game that lasts more than a few sessions, you should give our advice a try. Plus, a very personal letter from Tom, in which he admits that he’s a cheating bastard, shout outs and new anecdotes!
- Day by Day Armageddon: If you write a zombie apocalypse novel do NOT do what this novel did. It’s just terrible. So very very terrible.
- Mutant Chronicles: A movie based on the RPG, Mutant Chronicles. And it’s so horrible that words can’t adequately describe how horrible it is.
- Bigger Faster Stronger: A documentary about power gamers in real life, steroid users. An excellent look into the mindset of the athletes and gym rats who use it and the culture that condones winning at all costs.
- House of Leaves: This is a crazy book. I’m not done with it but it is worth reading.
Music: Write My Story by Air 5.
Promo: RPG Life.
Podcast: Play in new window | Download (Duration: 1:27:42 — 50.2MB)
Subscribe: Android |