Author Topic: So do you guys like Star Wars The Clone Wars on Cartoon network?  (Read 33076 times)

Boyos

• President of the Apparatus of Kwalish fan club
    • View Profile
Well, I have been watching this Star Wars Clone Wars on Cartoon network for a while, and even though I dont like the fact that Anikan has a Padawan, I do like the show and I do like the Padawan. I went out and rented the movie a while back and watched it three times, once watching it with the comentary. I must say I enjoy the comentary explaining how all the things tie in. Anyways just wondering what you guys thought about it.

clockworkjoe

• BUY MY BOOK
  • Administrator
  • Extreme XP CEO
    • View Profile
    • BUY MY BOOK
Re: So do you guys like Star Wars The Clone Wars on Cartoon network?
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2009, 05:43:41 PM »
I liked it better when it was called Samurai Jack  8)

Boyos

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2009, 05:45:52 PM »
Well sure samuri jack was the best. haha!

dragonshaos

• I am worth 100 points in GURPS...ladies
  • Amateur DM
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2009, 05:48:58 PM »
Indeed it was!  I never did see if/how that series ended...

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!

Boyos

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2009, 05:50:06 PM »
I think they finished it in DVD it was taken off the air befor it could end. But I could be wrong.

Tadanori Oyama

• Extreme XP CEO
  • The Full Time GM
    • View Profile
    • Full Time GM
« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2009, 06:05:57 PM »
The older cartoon micro series was my favorite. Fuckin' Grevious knows how to cut a bitch. Damn!

As for the new stuff, I find that having something is often better than nothing.

I like space battles and lightsabers. While I might not like the show that much, having some of those things is better than having none of them, especially when you don't have cable and watch all your shows "on demand" through the internet.

More than anything though is the underlying loathing of the character that Anakin has become, which is fundanmentally a lie.

The individual is, from my persepective, already broken beyond repair. Since all of thse events occur between the movies II and III they change nothing about him in the end and the character, as he appears in III, is locked into that depiction forever, barring a full on remake. Tiny change to character do not alter the over all context of those events. It is nice to see the character actually make facial expression.

Anyway, as I said, some lightsabers is better than none at all.

Maze

• Global Moderator
  • Oregon Trail 13 Superstar
  • Azathoth Janitorial Services
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2009, 06:23:24 PM »
Is it the padawan from the fucking Clone Wars movie? It's one of the few movie I stopped midway. It's not that it's a horrible movie, but it's definitely too kid friendly for my taste in Star Wars movie.

The problem with Anakin is, in my retarded opinion, stemming from Hayden Christensen being an horrendous actor. On the other hand, Ewan McGregor made me love Obi Wan even more.

It's sad when a animated character has more emotions than an actual actor. :)

codered

• I dream in graph paper lines
  • Don't Hate!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2009, 06:31:40 PM »
I don't have cable so meh!!
Kenders Rock

Maze

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2009, 06:38:12 PM »
Me neither, I watch shit on my computer.

Tadanori Oyama

• Extreme XP CEO
  • The Full Time GM
    • View Profile
    • Full Time GM
« Reply #9 on: April 17, 2009, 06:39:43 PM »
She is and I did too.

I like Ewan. He doesn't emot that much in the live action movies. No one does. I don't know if Lucas directs the people on screen to hide their emotions but that's what it feels like. All of the characters are too icy for me, though Christensen is the lead faceless block.

Ewan and Natalie are both actors I enjoy greatly in other films, as are Samuel L. Jackson, the glorious Terence Stamp, and some others in the films. If I like them in other movies and not in a movie by George Lucas, the problem becomes clear to me.

Maze

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 17, 2009, 06:50:24 PM »
What made me appreciate Ewan as an actor was actually the behind the scene look of Episode 3. He's really enthusiast about what he does and everybody seem to like him (fun fact: his uncle, Denis Lawson, was Wedge Antilles in the original trilogy, (if you don't know who that is, I'm surprised you're even on this forum)).

Did anyone else hear Natalie's rap on the album "Incredibad" of The Lonely Island where she tells everyone to "suck her dick"?

Tadanori Oyama

• Extreme XP CEO
  • The Full Time GM
    • View Profile
    • Full Time GM
« Reply #11 on: April 17, 2009, 06:57:51 PM »
No, I had not heard that. Hopefully I will continue along this path of not having heard it.

Ewan is a good guy. I just don't think anyone really came out of Episode 3 looking good. Anakin is a wuss/psyco/crybaby/abusive boyfriend/whatever else, the Emperor melts for some reason, Obi-wan fails, Yoda fails, Padme kills herself (losing will to live? fuck you), all the Jedi get backstabbed, and Darth Vader norms.

Maze

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 17, 2009, 07:23:16 PM »
Damn if his unemotional "Nooooooooooo" at the end didn't make me lose my shit.  ;D

Tadanori Oyama

• Extreme XP CEO
  • The Full Time GM
    • View Profile
    • Full Time GM
« Reply #13 on: April 17, 2009, 07:28:19 PM »
They do an excellent parody of it in the Emperor Strikes Back Rifftrax with Chad Vader that just came out.

During the scene with Luke fighting "Vader" in the cave, Chad goes "Noooo!" when Vader is killed. Then they reveal it was a mind game so he apologies, says it was dumb, and asks if they can cut that part out of the riff. Mike says they can't, which prompts another "Noooo!"

rayner23

• Machine. Unexpectantly, I invented a time
    • View Profile
    • Paladin Curse Blog
« Reply #14 on: April 17, 2009, 10:41:20 PM »
Who's excited for the Star Wars live action series?

*thunderous applause*

Yeah, I was excited too until I learned that it took place between episodes 3 and 4. Who's excited now?

*crickets*

Yeah, that's what I thought. Well, at least we have a fucking kick ass new Star Trek movie to look forward to. Let's face it, Star Trek kicks Star Wars' ass anyday.
I'm from Alaska. About Fifty miles south of Ankorage there's a little fishing town, maybe you've heard of it, it's called fuck your momma.