Author Topic: Random RPG: Fireborn  (Read 5691 times)

Mckma

• President of the Apparatus of Kwalish fan club
  • Sometimes Murphy's Law needs to be enforced
    • View Profile
Random RPG: Fireborn
« on: October 02, 2011, 12:47:31 AM »
So I was at a Half-Price Books today and an RPG book caught my eye.  Fireborn, and with a name like that, how could I not check it out.  A quick glance at the back cover revealed it centered around the idea of dragons reincarnated as modern day folks.  Needless to say, I was hooked.  The deal was sealed when I found that it actually seemed to have a non-standard die system (i.e. not D20, ORE, or something I had heard of before).  Googling it at home I found that apparently it was pretty well received.  In any case, I'll give it a flip through, post some impressions, and who knows?  Maybe even put up some character gen threads or a Skype game depending on how it looks.

My only regret is that I had to pass up Wizards and Gunslingers to get it...

Moondog

• Oregon Trail 13 Superstar
  • A soul in polyhedron
    • View Profile
Re: Random RPG: Fireborn
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2011, 12:58:55 AM »
That sounds pretty sweet.
Currently Reading: FIGHT!: The Fighting Game RPG! (it owns)

Tadanori Oyama

• Extreme XP CEO
  • The Full Time GM
    • View Profile
    • Full Time GM
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2011, 04:13:01 AM »
Completely separate but related there's a World of Darkness fan-created game called Dragon: The Embers. It's not about reincarnation, it's about stealing/eating a dragon's heart to steal its power.

I've seen Fireborn on the half price shelves but never picked it up, looked more complex than I wanted to deal with.

Moondog

• Oregon Trail 13 Superstar
  • A soul in polyhedron
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2011, 12:43:00 AM »
Actually, I'd love to see the CharGen details. I've always been a sucker for new/interesting CharGen in an RPG (accounting for my owning Synnibarr, Maid RPG, TMNT:AoS, and Fight!).
Currently Reading: FIGHT!: The Fighting Game RPG! (it owns)