Author Topic: Working on a campagin idea  (Read 18544 times)

clockworkjoe

• BUY MY BOOK
  • Administrator
  • Extreme XP CEO
    • View Profile
    • BUY MY BOOK
Re: Working on a campagin idea
« Reply #30 on: November 12, 2011, 11:29:51 AM »
Zombies aren't slowing down. The Walking Dead is a massive hit and World War Z will hit theaters next year. On the video game front, Call of Duty games feature zombies, plus Resident Evil and L4D. Maybe after WWZ I could see that but not now.

Setherick

• Administrator
  • Cosmic Horror: 1d10/1d100 SAN loss
  • Economies of Scale
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 12, 2011, 03:13:45 PM »
Zombies aren't slowing down. The Walking Dead is a massive hit and World War Z will hit theaters next year. On the video game front, Call of Duty games feature zombies, plus Resident Evil and L4D. Maybe after WWZ I could see that but not now.

The only thing I would add to this is that vampires are only seeing a transient popularity because of the recent economic crises that have rocked the globe. The vampire genre since the late 19C has been associated with movements and crises of capital. Zombies seem to be transcending that ideological fixation. Unlike the vampire, I see the zombie as an empty signifier, but one that seems to be associated with issues of legal personhood and bioethics and not necessarily capital movements (altho that certainly comes in to it).
"Something smart so that I can impress people I don't know." - Some Author I've Not Read

Flawless P

• I walk between the rain drops, tommy gun and katana in hand
    • View Profile
42.7% of all statistics are made up on the spot.
If you can't fix it with duck tape you haven't used enough.
I intend to live forever -- so far, so good.

Snake-Eyes

• I am worth 100 points in GURPS...ladies
    • View Profile
    • Illusive Comics & Games
« Reply #33 on: November 14, 2011, 09:23:12 AM »
We have a lot of customers that only follow a certain creator or artist and jump from one comic series to another. I'm not say that the whole zombie craze is slowing down. Walking Dead sells great at the shop. Just a lot of zombie stuff thats been coming out is hit or miss. Also Ross I asked a buddy of mine that used to be high up at Image's marketing department if he thinks if your book would be something they would be interested to pick up or any other indie company. I'm just waiting to hear back from him, but he's is a bit busy with with own comic that seems to of just been banned in Germany.
You've been sucked out of the airlock into the black. Roll all the dice on the table for damage.