Author Topic: Gencon events are now posted  (Read 18476 times)

Wooberman

• Oregon Trail 13 Superstar
  • I have no mouth and I must LOL
    • View Profile
    • Woober's FB
Re: Gencon events are now posted
« Reply #15 on: May 20, 2013, 05:51:09 AM »
<a href="" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win"></a>

Tim

• I dream in graph paper lines
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 20, 2013, 11:48:32 AM »
I did not get into either the Gumshoe or Dirty World games but given there was only one event each I knew that was a major long shot. I did get into a Eclipse Phase and Reign game so happy about that. Need to poke around and see if an COC games are still open.

Marik

• Slayer of the Dread Gazebo
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 20, 2013, 12:23:34 PM »
Hey Tim,

Which Reign game are you in? I'm in the Saturday night one RPG1344142 which still has one ticket left right now.. I added a CoC game with one ticket left into my wishlist after the intitial rush but forgot to process it and lost it. I'm also trying a Sparks Star Wars game (D6 revised 2nd edition) and Mage the Ascenion 2nd edition.

I managed to fill out my schedule pretty fully. But I expect I may skip an event or two depending on how I find the open gaming areas. This is my first gencon so I wanted a full schedule in case the open gaming areas are a little too chaotic. I have nothing scheduled from noon until 8pm on Thursday, and what happens and what i discover, could significantly change what I want to do late in the convention. Either way I'm looking forward to it.

Tim

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 20, 2013, 02:50:05 PM »
I am doing the Reign game on Friday. I was not able to get into a Lycan game sadly.

My schedule is pretty open actually. It is also my first GenCon so I am going to see if I can fill it in some gaps but mostly I suspect I am going to wander. Someone I talked to mention that there is a lot of people who run pickup games of various types.

For those that have been in the past is it common for games that were locked in to open up before the convention as people change their schedule or do thing stay locked in till day of events?

Tadanori Oyama

• Extreme XP CEO
  • The Full Time GM
    • View Profile
    • Full Time GM
« Reply #19 on: May 20, 2013, 04:22:23 PM »
You'll see a few spaces open. Most of the open spaces will happen at the Con itself when people are too tired to go to a game or forget about it. If that happens the game master will allow people to buy a spot using general tickets. So, if there's a game you really want to be in and you didn't get a spot, consider going and hanging out by the table when it's due to start. If someone doesn't show (they normally wait fifteen minutes or so) then you can buy in on the spot.

Tim

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 20, 2013, 04:57:32 PM »
Good to know. I will keep poking the gencon site once in a while but will just show up with my fist full of generic tickets and a wild look in my eyes to scare off any late comers.

Tadanori Oyama

• Extreme XP CEO
  • The Full Time GM
    • View Profile
    • Full Time GM
« Reply #21 on: May 22, 2013, 07:18:38 PM »
Exhibit Hall map just got posted. Looks like ArcDream/Pagan has a pretty good spot on one of the main walkways this year (Location 1515).