Author Topic: Scribblenauts  (Read 30168 times)

malyss

• I dream in graph paper lines
  • Gimme some sugar baby.
    • View Profile
Re: Scribblenauts
« Reply #15 on: September 23, 2009, 09:42:20 AM »
God just summons some old dude in sandals, y'know - God. I haven't been able to make him do anything for me yet.

At least the game is realistic.

Hehehehehehe.

rayner23

• President of the Apparatus of Kwalish fan club
  • Machine. Unexpectantly, I invented a time
    • View Profile
    • Paladin Curse Blog
« Reply #16 on: October 03, 2009, 04:56:07 PM »
I cast magic missile in Scribblenauts!!!!
I'm from Alaska. About Fifty miles south of Ankorage there's a little fishing town, maybe you've heard of it, it's called fuck your momma.

Dawnsteel

• Dispensing indiscriminate justice
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 04, 2009, 11:54:30 AM »
It's been a week and a half since I played Scribblenauts - I lent my DS to my brother to entertain him on the ridiculously long flight to Hawaii.

I use the wand to turn people/monsters into frogs a lot, though.
I didn't come here to win. I came to make friends.

IDaMan008

• I am worth 100 points in GURPS...ladies
  • Lucky 13!
    • View Profile
    • Rag-NERD-rok Actual Plays
« Reply #18 on: October 04, 2009, 06:50:43 PM »
There's a level in World 9 where the prompt says, "Help the bad people get to heaven." And I thought to myself, "Why would you want to do that!?"

Shallazar

• Oregon Trail 13 Superstar
  • I AM TOM!
    • View Profile
    • Never do Nothing
« Reply #19 on: October 04, 2009, 07:42:58 PM »
There's a level in World 9 where the prompt says, "Help the bad people get to heaven." And I thought to myself, "Why would you want to do that!?"

To get the starite? Which, you are convinced is a good thing to do.
I wish I was Tom.

Granted, you are now Tom.

Dawnsteel

• Dispensing indiscriminate justice
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 04, 2009, 08:51:38 PM »
I forget the level ID, but it's an action level, in world 4 or 5 I think, and the hint reads simply, "Good luck with that."

It is not often that I laugh aloud at a DS game.
I didn't come here to win. I came to make friends.

malyss

• Gimme some sugar baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 15, 2009, 02:14:52 PM »
I don't know who enjoys the game more - me or my 5 and 7 year olds.

It is interesting to see what they think is a good idea versus what I think is a good idea...

ZEKE

• Slayer of the Dread Gazebo
  • REO Speedealer
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 16, 2009, 01:16:47 AM »
Pretty much every problem I've solved boils down to some combination of jetpack+hot air balloon+trebuchet+rope+minotaur+cricket bat. 

I love this game. 
urlgrey

IDaMan008

• Lucky 13!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 17, 2009, 02:41:07 AM »
A friend of mine showed me a neat trick today. If you create a piece of toast and top it with tape or glue, then create a cat, have Maxwell pick up the toast and "USE" it on the cat, a black hole will appear. It does this because cats always land on their feet and toast always lands buttered side down.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2009, 03:30:46 AM by IDaMan008 »

rayner23

• Machine. Unexpectantly, I invented a time
    • View Profile
    • Paladin Curse Blog
« Reply #24 on: October 17, 2009, 10:19:12 AM »
A friend of mine showed me a neat trick today. If you create a piece of toast and top it with tape or glue, then create a cat, have Maxwell pick up the toast and "USE" it on the cat, a black hole will appear. It does this because cats always land on their feet and toast always lands buttered side down.

I didn't realize that! That is fucking amazing!
I'm from Alaska. About Fifty miles south of Ankorage there's a little fishing town, maybe you've heard of it, it's called fuck your momma.

Boyos

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 17, 2009, 01:52:18 PM »
Of all the things that you have posted about this game i think I now have a reason to want to play it for the sole reason of the butterd toast and cat!

ZEKE

• Slayer of the Dread Gazebo
  • REO Speedealer
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 17, 2009, 07:47:31 PM »

http://uncyclopedia.wikia.com/wiki/Antigravitatory_cats

Murphy's law application for antigravitatory cats. 

God bless these guys for reading Uncyclopedia. 
urlgrey

Setherick

• Administrator
  • Cosmic Horror: 1d10/1d100 SAN loss
  • Economies of Scale
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 18, 2009, 01:06:08 AM »
These sorts of things are a result of frenzied cram sessions for Advanced Calc and Physics finals. I know this because I once came up with a word problem that required a person to figure out how much force it would take to pull a monkey up to the top of a building if the monkey was climbing the rope and simultaneously pissing and thus losing weight. You can solve the problem in using multiderivatives if, and only if, the monkey is pissing perpendicular to the rope. If not, you have to account for the angel and force of the monkey's urine stream and whether that is pushing him away from the building or toward it.

I wonder if I still have the notebook that has the equation in it.
"Something smart so that I can impress people I don't know." - Some Author I've Not Read

malyss

• Gimme some sugar baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 12, 2010, 01:46:05 PM »
These sorts of things are a result of frenzied cram sessions for Advanced Calc and Physics finals. I know this because I once came up with a word problem that required a person to figure out how much force it would take to pull a monkey up to the top of a building if the monkey was climbing the rope and simultaneously pissing and thus losing weight. You can solve the problem in using multiderivatives if, and only if, the monkey is pissing perpendicular to the rope. If not, you have to account for the angel and force of the monkey's urine stream and whether that is pushing him away from the building or toward it.

Why is everything always about monkeys?

IDaMan008

• Lucky 13!
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 14, 2010, 01:29:09 AM »

Why is everything always about monkeys?

It's one of the basic laws of physics:

The hilarity of a math problem is directly proportional to its association with monkeys.