Author Topic: New Listerner of RPPR - Kudos guys!  (Read 27628 times)

Huggy Bear

• Slayer of the Dread Gazebo
    • View Profile
New Listerner of RPPR - Kudos guys!
« on: February 19, 2010, 03:18:15 PM »
Ross and Tom,
Just started listening to you guys at work (I'm a graphic designer btw). It just makes the day go by BFS (better - faster - smoother). Although I haven't done any real role playing in a year or two, I do miss it. I've moved about an hour and 45 minutes away from my old group (80 miles 1–way). I've looked in to other groups but I can't find that synergy and camaraderie I had. So for now I'm just peering thru the looking glass until I can find another group or move back. But in the mean time I do enjoy the banter from both Actual Play and Episodes. 

Ross, I know your a graphic designer but I was wondering if you wanted any help? I have a page production background and I have done some things for Kenzer and Company. I just thought I'd hang that out there because, I would like to contribute to the podcasts but I'm broke.  So I figure maybe I can help by offering my services pro bono.

In any event keep up the great work guys!

JT

clockworkjoe

• BUY MY BOOK
  • Administrator
  • Extreme XP CEO
    • View Profile
    • BUY MY BOOK
Re: New Listerner of RPPR - Kudos guys!
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2010, 03:30:35 PM »
Actually yeah - It would be great to get a new template for the Codex of War. I laid out the New World Primer and the Goblin Hulk but I haven't settled on a particular style yet. Something with the text styles defined, a 1 and 2 column page template and guidelines, that kind of thing?

Huggy Bear

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2010, 03:39:04 PM »
Let me pm you with my email stuff.

Setherick

• Administrator
  • Cosmic Horror: 1d10/1d100 SAN loss
  • Economies of Scale
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2010, 03:45:52 PM »
Welcome. Always nice to have more talented nerds around here. We should have a nerd roll call one of these days.
"Something smart so that I can impress people I don't know." - Some Author I've Not Read

rayner23

• President of the Apparatus of Kwalish fan club
  • Machine. Unexpectantly, I invented a time
    • View Profile
    • Paladin Curse Blog
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2010, 04:11:05 PM »
Welcome. Always nice to have more talented nerds around here. We should have a nerd roll call one of these days.

I want to meet an untalented nerd. I know they exist, but they seem to be a rare species. Then again, I do see a gaggle of geeks at a certain community college that seem to be relatively untalented.
I'm from Alaska. About Fifty miles south of Ankorage there's a little fishing town, maybe you've heard of it, it's called fuck your momma.

Setherick

• Administrator
  • Economies of Scale
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2010, 04:20:30 PM »

I want to meet an untalented nerd. I know they exist, but they seem to be a rare species. Then again, I do see a gaggle of geeks at a certain community college that seem to be relatively untalented.

There are several untalented nerds among my colleagues here at UWM. You know, over-educated, hyper-radical, under-sexed types that want to change the world but don't really know anything about political systems or practical political economy even though they can quote long passages from Marx's Das Capital and Nietzsche's Genealogy of Morals while humming the bars of some trendy indie band that hasn't sold out yet and smoking clove cigarettes. Yes, signs of truly untalented nerds. Basically look for gatherings of hipsters and then look for hipsters that actually have gone to college and then look for hipsters that have gone to college and then to grad school and there, and really only there, will you find the rare (endangered even?) untalented nerd.
"Something smart so that I can impress people I don't know." - Some Author I've Not Read

clockworkjoe

• BUY MY BOOK
  • Administrator
  • Extreme XP CEO
    • View Profile
    • BUY MY BOOK
« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2010, 04:26:48 PM »
no they are people who hang out at game stores, work minimum wage no skill needed jobs and have never done anything with their lives yet still think they are better than other people because they game - 'oh we're so much better than mundies'

man fuck those people

you ain't special because of your hobby

Setherick

• Administrator
  • Economies of Scale
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2010, 04:30:23 PM »
no they are people who hang out at game stores, work minimum wage no skill needed jobs and have never done anything with their lives yet still think they are better than other people because they game - 'oh we're so much better than mundies'

man fuck those people

you ain't special because of your hobby

I thought those were ubergamernerd. Fuck, I need to study my nerd taxonomy.

clockworkjoe

• BUY MY BOOK
  • Administrator
  • Extreme XP CEO
    • View Profile
    • BUY MY BOOK
« Reply #8 on: February 19, 2010, 04:33:05 PM »
they are pretty fucking untalented is what i am saying

Tadanori Oyama

• Extreme XP CEO
  • The Full Time GM
    • View Profile
    • Full Time GM
« Reply #9 on: February 19, 2010, 04:33:13 PM »
... nerd taxonomy.

I think I just discovered a new hobby.

Huggy Bear

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 19, 2010, 04:43:18 PM »
Tom I just looked at the primer and goblin hulk and I think I can come up with styles for ya. I'll come up with a quick style guide over the weekend when I can. Work getting in the way atm.

Huggy Bear

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 19, 2010, 04:45:03 PM »

taxonomy = nomenclature

Tadanori Oyama

• Extreme XP CEO
  • The Full Time GM
    • View Profile
    • Full Time GM
« Reply #12 on: February 19, 2010, 04:56:45 PM »
Tom

That's Ross, actually. Tom uses his own name for a username.

Setherick

• Administrator
  • Economies of Scale
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 19, 2010, 04:59:31 PM »

taxonomy = nomenclature

Nah, I read the difference between the nerds I defined and the nerds Ross defined in terms of gradation and not simply in terms of definition.

Huggy Bear

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 19, 2010, 05:14:04 PM »
Tom

That's Ross, actually. Tom uses his own name for a username.

Whoops! I meant Ross