Author Topic: Cody's got a new website!  (Read 170674 times)

Salkovich

• I walk between the rain drops, tommy gun and katana in hand
  • Concupiscent Piranha of the Apocalypse
    • View Profile
Re: Cody's got a new website!
« Reply #150 on: November 22, 2010, 02:37:15 PM »
Popgun Chaos is back! Went to a Native American Powwow yesterday and it got me thinking about Orlando. Today is the first of my posts about my trip to Florida. http://www.popgunchaos.com/

Really, really, REALLY liked the piece today. One of the best essays on culture/individuality/the horrendousness of Disney that I've ever read.
"It's heresy. Burn the heretics." - Ross Payton NEVAR FORGET
"If you are asked, 'Would you like Abraham Lincoln', your answer is always YES."

rayner23

• President of the Apparatus of Kwalish fan club
  • Machine. Unexpectantly, I invented a time
    • View Profile
    • Paladin Curse Blog
« Reply #151 on: November 22, 2010, 04:19:07 PM »
Popgun Chaos is back! Went to a Native American Powwow yesterday and it got me thinking about Orlando. Today is the first of my posts about my trip to Florida. http://www.popgunchaos.com/

Really, really, REALLY liked the piece today. One of the best essays on culture/individuality/the horrendousness of Disney that I've ever read.

Thank you so much!
I'm from Alaska. About Fifty miles south of Ankorage there's a little fishing town, maybe you've heard of it, it's called fuck your momma.

rayner23

• View Profile
    • Paladin Curse Blog
« Reply #152 on: November 23, 2010, 10:44:04 AM »
Today at Popgun Chaos, I write about being visited by the Ghost of Pop Culture Future.

Also, at Fair City News, I have a story about Thanksgiving hot dogs.

http://www.faircitynews.com/2010/11/23/merle%E2%80%99s-introduces-the-%E2%80%9Cthanksgiving-dinner-dog%E2%80%9D/
I'm from Alaska. About Fifty miles south of Ankorage there's a little fishing town, maybe you've heard of it, it's called fuck your momma.

rayner23

• View Profile
    • Paladin Curse Blog
« Reply #153 on: November 24, 2010, 09:00:05 PM »
Popgun Chaos is mentioned on Ain't it Cool News once again!

WOOOT!!!

http://aintitcool.com/node/47566

rayner23

• View Profile
    • Paladin Curse Blog
« Reply #154 on: November 26, 2010, 09:06:46 AM »
To close out the week, I've got a review up of the worst arcade game ever made, Justice League United. If you're like me, you probably think "Justice League arcade?! How could that be bad?"

Read the review and find out!

Robot Master

• I dream in graph paper lines
  • "Wu Tang gets they cookie."
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: November 26, 2010, 10:22:47 AM »
To close out the week, I've got a review up of the worst arcade game ever made, Justice League United. If you're like me, you probably think "Justice League arcade?! How could that be bad?"

Read the review and find out!

The good news is that it's an arcade game and not a positively reviewed Xbox 360 game that you buy and soon learn that you absolutely hate. I've never seen that game around, but it's been a while since I've been near an arcade. They're pretty hard to come by in Arizona unless you hit a Dave&Busters.

http://www.arcadeandpinballmachines.com/content-product_info/product_id-2105/x_men_arcade_games_1992.html
(add 800 bucks for the 6 player version)
« Last Edit: November 26, 2010, 10:26:52 AM by Robot Master »
Thanos: "I am going to sacrifice the Earth to gain the love of Death"
Me: (slowly raise eyebrow) "Destroy the Earth? That would be...illogical"
Vortex: "Yes...that...would be...highly...illogical."
Thanos: "Your Star Trek references bore me."

rayner23

• View Profile
    • Paladin Curse Blog
« Reply #156 on: November 30, 2010, 09:01:05 AM »
In the spirit of shopping and the holiday season, I've posted an article about video game developer THQ titled "Why THQ hates you." Also, I attack popular webcomic Penny Arcade. Read, comment, and join in the fight for pre-owned games!

I forgot to post yesterday, but the Saving Comics Project continued looking at Direct Market Distribution of comic books yesterday, so be sure to check that out.

Flawless P

• I walk between the rain drops, tommy gun and katana in hand
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: November 30, 2010, 11:25:51 AM »
http://www.popgunchaos.com/

I'm putting the link up because nearly every post you have done you spoiled me by having the link already pretyped and ready to be clicked and I just typed in the web address for the first time. So really this is nothing more than for my own laziness and the laziness of others.
42.7% of all statistics are made up on the spot.
If you can't fix it with duck tape you haven't used enough.
I intend to live forever -- so far, so good.

rayner23

• View Profile
    • Paladin Curse Blog
« Reply #158 on: December 01, 2010, 10:15:09 AM »
First of the month, so that means http://www.popgunchaos.com has a new banner and a new tagline quote. This month's banner was designed by my hero, Chad Woody and I think its pretty spiffy.

If you'd like to design a banner for Popgun Chaos, just let me know, but I won't stop you.

Finally, the post today is the beginning of a novel i'm working on. Hope you like it.

rayner23

• View Profile
    • Paladin Curse Blog
« Reply #159 on: December 01, 2010, 12:39:50 PM »
POPGUN CHAOS WAS MENTIONED ON CBR'S ROBOT 6 BLOG!!!! http://tinyurl.com/37kd4kg

rayner23

• View Profile
    • Paladin Curse Blog
« Reply #160 on: December 02, 2010, 09:42:02 AM »
http://www.popgunchaos.com/ is all about making video games academic today. Check it out!

Tadanori Oyama

• Extreme XP CEO
  • The Full Time GM
    • View Profile
    • Full Time GM
« Reply #161 on: December 02, 2010, 05:39:13 PM »
And yet there are so few video games which praise the academic. My father's currently trying to design one.

Repeating to here to start the meme effect going: "Digital Psychodrama".
« Last Edit: December 02, 2010, 06:10:58 PM by Tadanori Oyama »

rayner23

• View Profile
    • Paladin Curse Blog
« Reply #162 on: December 06, 2010, 09:40:28 AM »
http://www.popgunchaos.com has an article about how much NASA's latest announcement has disappointed me. I channeled Chuck Klosterman on this one, so I hope it comes through in the writing.

Setherick

• Administrator
  • Cosmic Horror: 1d10/1d100 SAN loss
  • Economies of Scale
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: December 06, 2010, 10:47:58 AM »
And yet there are so few video games which praise the academic. My father's currently trying to design one.

Repeating to here to start the meme effect going: "Digital Psychodrama".

You're dad's an academic game designer? Does that mean he's an academic that likes game design or a game designer that likes academics?
"Something smart so that I can impress people I don't know." - Some Author I've Not Read

Tadanori Oyama

• Extreme XP CEO
  • The Full Time GM
    • View Profile
    • Full Time GM
« Reply #164 on: December 06, 2010, 01:49:24 PM »
You're dad's an academic game designer? Does that mean he's an academic that likes game design or a game designer that likes academics?

He's a history major and a former marine so he likes to see games that encourage studying and contain as little violence as possible.

Me and my brothers have been playing video games for about fifteen years now I think and he's paid attention to what we play. My dad has always talked about wanting to see a game he'd like to play, something that involves research and freeform approach. I've explained just how limited games are in their information ability, since they are entirely self contained bundles, you couldn't really add anything to them once their done so there wasn't a way to make things like researching in the game effective aside from the character looking at books.

In the last few years I've discussed dynamic content with him as well as streaming information and that, for the first time, it looks like the kind of game he talked about might be becoming possible. Last time we talked about it, which was a few months back, I used what I knew about game code mechanics to help him imagine a structure for a game about earning your college degree.