Author Topic: Dr. Who Idolization Thread  (Read 79316 times)

Flawless P

• I walk between the rain drops, tommy gun and katana in hand
    • View Profile
Re: Dr. Who Idolization Thread
« Reply #75 on: July 22, 2011, 12:02:05 PM »
The Silence and The Weeping Angels are somewhat similar but either way I think they are both awesome. Well the Weeping Angels were awesome in Blink but after that they were lame.
42.7% of all statistics are made up on the spot.
If you can't fix it with duck tape you haven't used enough.
I intend to live forever -- so far, so good.

Kroack

• View Profile
« Reply #76 on: July 22, 2011, 01:28:12 PM »
I'm a bit confused why the silence just disappeared after the season premier. I mean, they can't all be dead.

Joven

• I dream in graph paper lines
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: July 22, 2011, 01:43:41 PM »
Because maybe at some point they got tired of being killed on sight and went into hiding, and when people cant really remember you, that would make it kinda easy to never be heard from again.

Kroack

• View Profile
« Reply #78 on: July 22, 2011, 02:00:41 PM »
true

FrodoLlama

« Reply #79 on: July 22, 2011, 04:54:03 PM »
Note: the following contains spoilers for Episode 12 of Series 5 and Episodes 1 and 2 of Series 6.

I don't think the Silence are done for. It's clear that at least one still exists and looks at Amy at the beginning of Episode 1 (immediately before the Doctor is shot), which occurs in modern times. Also, in Series 5 Episode 12 ("The Pandorica Opens") a strange voice to whom no actor has yet been attributed says "Silence will fall", cauing the TARDIS to explode. While the Silence have "fallen" from their previous status as humanity's puppet-masters, I'm under the impression that Moffat's not finished with their signifigance in the season or its plot-arc. 

Mckma

• President of the Apparatus of Kwalish fan club
  • Sometimes Murphy's Law needs to be enforced
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: July 22, 2011, 05:01:02 PM »
Note: the following contains spoilers for Episode 12 of Series 5 and Episodes 1 and 2 of Series 6.

I don't think the Silence are done for. It's clear that at least one still exists and looks at Amy at the beginning of Episode 1 (immediately before the Doctor is shot), which occurs in modern times. Also, in Series 5 Episode 12 ("The Pandorica Opens") a strange voice to whom no actor has yet been attributed says "Silence will fall", cauing the TARDIS to explode. While the Silence have "fallen" from their previous status as humanity's puppet-masters, I'm under the impression that Moffat's not finished with their signifigance in the season or its plot-arc.

Well, we saw the angels again, so I kind of expect to see the silence again...

Kroack

• View Profile
« Reply #81 on: July 23, 2011, 01:16:06 PM »

I thought s06e01 was in 1969

FrodoLlama

« Reply #82 on: July 23, 2011, 02:36:44 PM »

I thought s06e01 was in 1969

S6E1 was set in two time periods. At the beginning, there's modern day, where the Doctor, River, Amy, and Rory meet. Then, there's 1969, where they all go.

Flawless P

• View Profile
« Reply #83 on: July 24, 2011, 02:30:19 AM »
http://tardis.wikia.com/wiki/Season_6

I think that was a joke to the fact that Season 6 of the original series was filmed in 1969
42.7% of all statistics are made up on the spot.
If you can't fix it with duck tape you haven't used enough.
I intend to live forever -- so far, so good.

Kroack

• View Profile
« Reply #84 on: July 25, 2011, 02:02:53 AM »
http://tardis.wikia.com/wiki/Season_6

I think that was a joke to the fact that Season 6 of the original series was filmed in 1969

what a coincidence. actually I was just being ignorant.

FrodoLlama

« Reply #85 on: July 26, 2011, 10:59:35 PM »
The BBC website has brief synopses of Series 6 Part 2, alongside a reasonably interesting long trailer.
They also released a teaser trailer of a skeleton (presumably the Doctor's) holding a dying sonic screwdriver.
You know, from the BBC's S6P2 trailer, I now have a fledgling theory that Madame Kovarian is somehow River Song. Even knowing how River dies (or rather, lives), there's any number of plot devices Moffat could pull to achieve this, although I doubt it'll be the eventual case.

Mckma

• President of the Apparatus of Kwalish fan club
  • Sometimes Murphy's Law needs to be enforced
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: July 27, 2011, 12:07:12 AM »
The BBC website has brief synopses of Series 6 Part 2, alongside a reasonably interesting long trailer.
They also released a teaser trailer of a skeleton (presumably the Doctor's) holding a dying sonic screwdriver.
You know, from the BBC's S6P2 trailer, I now have a fledgling theory that Madame Kovarian is somehow River Song. Even knowing how River dies (or rather, lives), there's any number of plot devices Moffat could pull to achieve this, although I doubt it'll be the eventual case.

Is there a first air date?  I know it's fall, but didn't know when...

Kroack

• View Profile
« Reply #87 on: July 27, 2011, 07:40:58 AM »

They do look awfully familiar...

FrodoLlama

« Reply #88 on: July 27, 2011, 09:37:00 AM »
There seems to be no exact date, but I do recall hearing that it was returning in August. I don't remember whether the source was credible, though.

beowuuf

• I dream in graph paper lines
    • View Profile
    • DM.com - forums dedicated to a 25 year old PC game.
« Reply #89 on: July 27, 2011, 10:28:32 AM »

If River can regenerate, then there is no reason she couldn't grow up to be Kovarian and evil first, and then regret her life and become the nicer River Song later.

However, [spoiler]the British trailer actually has River in that outfit. Though it could be a Moffat double bluff, that would be a huge spoiler. I can't imagine he'd let that one through unless it's true and revealed almost instantly in episode 8.[/spoiler]