Author Topic: Delta Green Introduction  (Read 8293 times)

AmishNinja

• I am worth 100 points in GURPS...ladies
    • View Profile
    • NaturalOne
Delta Green Introduction
« on: October 21, 2010, 02:06:24 PM »
I'm running a one-shot game of Delta Green soon where the characters will be starting out as FBI agents. I am a little bit lost trying to think of a "cool" way to introduce the Delta Green conspiracy to them near the end of the session (it has the potential to become a small campaign). Ross, I know you've run it before, and in fact it's why I even looked it up: I'm doing part 1 of Future/Perfect. I was totally enthralled by the module and read all four parts in one go.

Anyway, it seems to me like DG is all about cover-ups unless mundane folk get in too deep (which, in any reasonable CoC game, will happen). But I'm trying to think of a way to make DG's interference/response interesting and not just "hey guys want to join our cool club for cool kids?"

Advice would be greatly appreciated; I know most of you are really good with Delta Green.

Tadanori Oyama

• Extreme XP CEO
  • The Full Time GM
    • View Profile
    • Full Time GM
Re: Delta Green Introduction
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2010, 02:42:23 PM »
Delta Green tries to scan their potentials well before they reveal themselves. The PCs might already be DG friendlies and not even know it. They might have helped other agents with odd assignments or "unofficial" requests that seemed slightly unusual but nothing untoward... yet.

I don't know the adventure your running, unfortunately, so I can't give you more specific advise there. A good "reveal" would probably be to have someone that the PCs have a history of working with turn out to be a DG agent who's been screening them for membership.

AmishNinja

• View Profile
    • NaturalOne
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2010, 03:00:42 PM »
Hmm. Well, I'm probably going to be making archetypal pregens that the players can imprint personalities onto. I suppose working for the FBI entails having a boss or particular contact that could turn out to be DG. I guess that works.

Tadanori Oyama

• Extreme XP CEO
  • The Full Time GM
    • View Profile
    • Full Time GM
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2010, 03:06:00 PM »
I'd suggest doing some research on the FBI so you can inform players when something is or is not normal in their procedure to help make things seem creepy or give them reason to suspect things. The writers do an excellent job of giving you background agency information in the DG corebook.

clockworkjoe

• BUY MY BOOK
  • Administrator
  • Extreme XP CEO
    • View Profile
    • BUY MY BOOK
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2010, 03:14:03 PM »
Do you have the DG core book? It does a good job of covering the issues you mention.

AmishNinja

• View Profile
    • NaturalOne
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2010, 03:54:12 PM »
Do you have the DG core book? It does a good job of covering the issues you mention.

I do. I'll give those sections a read.

Setherick

• Administrator
  • Cosmic Horror: 1d10/1d100 SAN loss
  • Economies of Scale
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2010, 08:56:31 PM »
In all seriousness, I don't think there is a subtle way to introduce to the players that they are being hunted by a goddamn dinosaur.

Also, I think I ruined the session for Ross because I had read the scenario months before hand...and I have a near-photographic memory.
"Something smart so that I can impress people I don't know." - Some Author I've Not Read

clockworkjoe

• BUY MY BOOK
  • Administrator
  • Extreme XP CEO
    • View Profile
    • BUY MY BOOK
« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2010, 08:58:53 PM »
I hated the dinosaur the instant I read about it so I was never going to use it.

AmishNinja

• View Profile
    • NaturalOne
« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2010, 02:20:38 PM »
So you just ignored the dinosaur completely and focused on the gate? That seems like a reasonable idea. I'm kinda iffy on the dino myself.

clockworkjoe

• BUY MY BOOK
  • Administrator
  • Extreme XP CEO
    • View Profile
    • BUY MY BOOK
« Reply #9 on: October 22, 2010, 04:09:06 PM »
I turned the dinosaur into a vague weird ass monster

i dont remember the details too much tho

Setherick

• Administrator
  • Cosmic Horror: 1d10/1d100 SAN loss
  • Economies of Scale
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 22, 2010, 04:43:58 PM »
I turned the dinosaur into a vague weird ass monster

i dont remember the details too much tho

I just remember that it was most invisible and incredibly strong.
"Something smart so that I can impress people I don't know." - Some Author I've Not Read

AmishNinja

• View Profile
    • NaturalOne
« Reply #11 on: October 22, 2010, 04:49:00 PM »
Interesting choice. Not sure which one I want to roll with. The dinosaur makes sense, but an ancient supernatural thing would be more interesting and scary.

AmishNinja

• View Profile
    • NaturalOne
« Reply #12 on: October 22, 2010, 06:16:02 PM »
^ along those lines, what is a good net resource for looking up mythos threats? There's a lot of fragmented information around.