Author Topic: Project Management in games - THIS SHIT JUST GOT REAL  (Read 17756 times)

dragonshaos

• I am worth 100 points in GURPS...ladies
  • Amateur DM
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
Re: Project Management in games - THIS SHIT JUST GOT REAL
« Reply #15 on: April 25, 2009, 03:46:35 AM »
Sounds like fun, I cant wait to hear what happens next!

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!

codered

• I dream in graph paper lines
  • Don't Hate!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 25, 2009, 10:26:48 AM »
how about some episodes I went around to look for some other actual play and foun rustmonsters.net but they really suck
Kenders Rock

clockworkjoe

• BUY MY BOOK
  • Administrator
  • Extreme XP CEO
    • View Profile
    • BUY MY BOOK
« Reply #17 on: April 25, 2009, 05:30:18 PM »
gonna record an episode tomorrow night - might be able to edit it and post it that night. After that, I'll post another AP. I have some Call of Cthulhu one shots ready to go in addition to the new world.

klaatu

• Slayer of the Dread Gazebo
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 25, 2009, 05:56:50 PM »
One thing I would add, though it's more of a strategy for the PCs:  They are the invisible hand against the quite visible hand.  Things that slip by one player may be caught by another, and things that slip by them mey be caught by one of their independent contractors.  Anything that slips by Cortez is probably just gone.

The players can use this to their advantage.  Instead of staging raids that would hurt the slave labor, they can just frustrate, annoy, and irritate Cortez.  If he can't get a full night's sleep, and has to wonder when his hair will stop being orange, he may forget to secure resources, or make sure he has enough lumber, etc.

Conveniently, all players have a natural talent for being annoying and derailing plans.  They just have to use their powers for good!