Author Topic: What Are You Playing Now?  (Read 26677 times)

The_Last_76

• I am worth 100 points in GURPS...ladies
  • Mark Hamill has Arkham in his name.
    • View Profile
Re: What Are You Playing Now?
« Reply #30 on: November 17, 2010, 05:49:48 PM »
There's always stuff the GM can't predict, right?  Within the first hour of play, the Dark Angel knocked down part of a building on an attacking army.

"Brother Percius, Brother Angellus, please I beseech of thee. Do watcheth as I openth a can of Holy Whoop-Ass on our foul enemies."
"When you realise that humanity is a dead end, the only way out is to stop being human."

clockworkjoe

• BUY MY BOOK
  • Administrator
  • Extreme XP CEO
    • View Profile
    • BUY MY BOOK
« Reply #31 on: November 17, 2010, 05:51:33 PM »
Tom runs games for Aaron and a few other people that have never been on RPPR but does he record them even though he has a zoom h2? Nooo... his friends are delicate little snowflakes that are too good to produce content for RPPR and Tom doesn't even try to persuade them otherwise.

Shallazar

• Oregon Trail 13 Superstar
  • I AM TOM!
    • View Profile
    • Never do Nothing
« Reply #32 on: November 17, 2010, 05:55:19 PM »
Tom runs games for Aaron and a few other people that have never been on RPPR but does he record them even though he has a zoom h2? Nooo... his friends are delicate little snowflakes that are too good to produce content for RPPR and Tom doesn't even try to persuade them otherwise.

Ross, this is only because it would shatter our perceptions of you as a Godly GM. The Cult of Cody would also collapse because there can be only one. Tom is sparing everyone's feelings by not recording his games. (plus doesn't he like, play music or do drugs during his games?)
I wish I was Tom.

Granted, you are now Tom.

crash2455

• I walk between the rain drops, tommy gun and katana in hand
  • #1 Brovine
    • View Profile
    • The Drunk and the Ugly
« Reply #33 on: November 17, 2010, 06:14:39 PM »
Running:
Exalted game with four people, none of whom really get it. *sigh*

How can you not get Exalted?  You are overpowered anime hero, go fight and win.

clockworkjoe

• BUY MY BOOK
  • Administrator
  • Extreme XP CEO
    • View Profile
    • BUY MY BOOK
« Reply #34 on: November 17, 2010, 06:19:37 PM »

Ross, this is only because it would shatter our perceptions of you as a Godly GM. The Cult of Cody would also collapse because there can be only one. Tom is sparing everyone's feelings by not recording his games. (plus doesn't he like, play music or do drugs during his games?)

MrThoth

• Slayer of the Dread Gazebo
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 25, 2010, 01:50:33 AM »
Playing: Dragon Age: have four players with a relatively new GM.  On a bit of a hiatus as he is an actor and is finishing up a local show, so hopefully we can play again soon.  Not a bad system though.

Running: Shadowrun: have two players right now with another two or three that want to play but haven't been able to make a session yet, all two of them that we have had.  Started this game during the hiatus mentioned above, so not sure what will happen when the other picks up again.

Planning: DnD 4th: I am getting the rough outline for a DnD game set in the Demon's Souls universe with that same feeling of impending death.  I am sure I will be asking for people's input on how to do this (like tripling monster damage, but halving their HP for a quicker battle or something, not sure yet)

Z

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 25, 2010, 07:24:18 PM »
(plus doesn't he like, play music or do drugs during his games?)

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Fizban

• Slayer of the Dread Gazebo
    • View Profile
    • Ministry of Game
« Reply #37 on: November 25, 2010, 11:16:17 PM »
Running: A homebrew D&D (mainly 1st and 2nd ed) game in a homebrew world called Elwarne - the game is called Making Myth.  Been running it since August, but I have only had a full complement of six players for the last few weeks.  The basic idea is that rather than running an old world with millenia of history and buried treasure and ruins and dungeons filled with creepy crawlies, it is a new world - created by the gods a mere 52 years ago - and the sentient races have all been given 'gifts' which they alone can use (some are cliché like dwarves and stonemasonry, but some are less so, like elves and literacy, or bugbears and martial arts).  Humans have the unique gift of being able to both learn and teach the gifts of other races.  The current characters are a human kensai and an ogre mage who grew up together, a dwarf bard and an elf cleric of the creation goddess who are married, a dwarf cleric/fighter of the god of justice, and a rather easily irritable centaur ranger.  If you're interested in knowing more, check out my obsidian portal site (the adventure log is best to read, but there are bits and bobs in the other sections too). 

Playing: A 4e D&D game run totally by-the-numbers from store bought modules.  It's a pretty stale grind at times in my opinion, but at least I get to play, and the people are nice.  I play a Dragonborn Paladin of Kord who lives to get into combat, and is only an adolescent.

Working on:  A one shot con game called "Hammers Without Nails" using the 2nd edition Mage: The Ascension rules.  The basic idea is I have five reasonably powerful battle-type mages who get put into a situation where they can't simply fight their way out.  How will they creatively use their far weaker powers of persuasion and negotiation to get out of the bind?  I'm running it at MacCon, a university gaming convention here in Sydney in mid December.

I am jealous of all you guys who are running and playing so many games.  I remember the heady days of uni, when I was running four games and playing in one or two.  Good times.

ethan_dawe

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 25, 2010, 11:51:33 PM »
Running D&D 3.5. Campaign getting near the end after a little over 3 years.
Running GURPS. Currently on hiatus until above is done.

Playing: Nothing right now, soon Eberron in 3.5 or 4E

Robot Master

• I dream in graph paper lines
  • "Wu Tang gets they cookie."
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 26, 2010, 09:53:09 AM »
Running: Nothing after a good few years of running the Star Wars Saga Edition, Mutants and Masterminds, and Call of Cthulhu

Playing: Mutants and Masterminds (X-teens), Changeling: The Lost.

Soon to be running... My DM says in a few months he's going to need a break, so I'm going to run and give them a choice between:   D&D 4Ed, Serenity, Game of Thrones, Werewolf: The Forsaken, Mutants and Masterminds 3ed turned into a Transformers game, or Battlestar Galactica.
Thanos: "I am going to sacrifice the Earth to gain the love of Death"
Me: (slowly raise eyebrow) "Destroy the Earth? That would be...illogical"
Vortex: "Yes...that...would be...highly...illogical."
Thanos: "Your Star Trek references bore me."