Author Topic: Ahahaha what have I done (CoC Oneshot)  (Read 15611 times)

AmishNinja

• I am worth 100 points in GURPS...ladies
    • View Profile
    • NaturalOne
Re: Ahahaha what have I done (CoC Oneshot)
« Reply #15 on: November 04, 2010, 04:04:12 PM »
Totally get in on that, you won't regret it.
For some reason my brain refuses to figure out how the GUMSHOE system works. I know the basic premise, have skill find clue, target number four, point spends, but It isn't something that I can figure out how to pitch to my players.

Ultimately, the GUMSHOE system is about resource management. Do you blow your skill wad early on to be super awesome in a scene or two? Or do you save it up a bit for an impending crisis? I suppose I'd call it a resource management/gambling type system. It definitely can be a hard sell. The idea of automatic success with investigation skill checks sounds boring (it's not). As a Keeper, you get to compel your players to spend points. That's where the fun starts to set in.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2010, 04:05:50 PM by AmishNinja »

SageNytell

• I dream in graph paper lines
  • We're the Tusken Sound Raiders... start the rave.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 06, 2010, 08:15:06 PM »
Working on getting the recording posted to the community AP site soon.  ;D

We should be doing the second session tomorrow, so we'll see how it goes. Unfortunately I know for a fact we won't be able to play as long, and I'm not sure how many people will be able to make it on time... We'll have to see.

Some highlights of the first game:
-One player got his NPC girlfriend to second base.  ??? People want weird things.
-Another player indirectly got at least one of the NPCs brutally killed by trying to keep her safe... in a building whose walls were covered in blood.
-First player managed to get in a fight, steal the guy's car, then thought it would be a good idea to run him over with his own car. The whole time they were in front of the police, and when the policeman tried to stop him after he got out of the car... attempted to steal the officer's gun and kill him with it. I'm sensing a trend.
-Two of the characters have been literally doused in blood.
-One of the players has gone temporarily insane!

Not bad, for my first time running CoC and my first time running for 7 people.

SageNytell

• I dream in graph paper lines
  • We're the Tusken Sound Raiders... start the rave.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 07, 2010, 02:05:02 PM »
Game is up on the community AP site. Let me know what you think!

No game this week, everyone's busy. We'll finish up at some point in the future.

AmishNinja

• I am worth 100 points in GURPS...ladies
    • View Profile
    • NaturalOne
« Reply #18 on: November 07, 2010, 06:07:23 PM »
Listening now. I really liked your intro speech about taking things seriously - I'm so gonna do that the next time I run a CoC one-shot game.