Author Topic: RPPR Character Cameos  (Read 16761 times)

Flawless P

• I walk between the rain drops, tommy gun and katana in hand
    • View Profile
RPPR Character Cameos
« on: November 03, 2010, 07:31:33 PM »
I am running a game pretty shortly, and the premise is that the Heroes are on a "transitional" plane, one that everyone goes to while asleep, unlike the astral plane this is more of a giant subconscious reality, the idea is that the players are the only people who remember coming here and that it spans the multiverse.

Problem is I am having trouble coming up with interesting NPC's for them to meet, especially since I want these people to be more heroic types, time has no meaning here so anyone could meet, only thing I am avoiding is established characters from fiction.

What I would like from you guys is to have you post character names, and concepts. Maybe a little back-story, and character quirks things like that.

tl;dr Anyone want to have their characters make a cameo in my game?
42.7% of all statistics are made up on the spot.
If you can't fix it with duck tape you haven't used enough.
I intend to live forever -- so far, so good.

The_Last_76

• I am worth 100 points in GURPS...ladies
  • Mark Hamill has Arkham in his name.
    • View Profile
Re: RPPR Character Cameos
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2010, 10:03:33 PM »
A crazy pirate who thinks he's a dread liche.  Can speak every language because his tongue has been replaced by a wise-cracking sapient parasite.  Together, they fight crime.
"When you realise that humanity is a dead end, the only way out is to stop being human."

Joven

• I dream in graph paper lines
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2010, 10:05:57 PM »
If I was ever going to play in a Star Wars game my character would probably be a Nautolan (based off of the Rifftrax of the prequels and mike calling Kit Fisto "Jedi Master Bug-eyed Rastafish")

His name would probably be Mascleo, he'd carry a pazzack deck and use them in fortune telling for making all his decisions, starts sentences with "the cards say...", Speak in a horrible jamacan accent, campaign for legalization of various drugs, etc.

That or a defectively cloned ex-stormtrooper, or a Hutt that talks and acts like The Fat Man (In glorious seven hundred-and-twenty P, ah yeah folks)

clockworkjoe

• BUY MY BOOK
  • Administrator
  • Extreme XP CEO
    • View Profile
    • BUY MY BOOK
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2010, 11:15:09 PM »
Pontifex from New World

Major Lazer from Cyberpunk

beej

• I dream in graph paper lines
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2010, 01:40:48 PM »
In my New Worlds variant, Balgran the Fat and Quintos (among others) have cropped up.  Balgran is entertaining to have around.
"Old R'lyeh Brewery. Enjoy a cold one on the Great Old One!"

FuzzyDan

• Official Keeper of The Line.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2010, 10:50:10 PM »
Pontifex from New World

Major Lazer from Cyberpunk

I want to see this pairing as a Buddy Cop story.
- Dan, Adding one to his Darkspiral Aura.

Tadanori Oyama

• Extreme XP CEO
  • The Full Time GM
    • View Profile
    • Full Time GM
« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2010, 12:03:28 AM »
One's a lich. One's neo-Jamaican. Their partners. "Death Lazer"!

Maze

• Global Moderator
  • Oregon Trail 13 Superstar
  • Azathoth Janitorial Services
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2010, 12:13:47 AM »
"Dammit Lazer, you're a loose cannon!"

Tadanori Oyama

• Extreme XP CEO
  • The Full Time GM
    • View Profile
    • Full Time GM
« Reply #8 on: November 12, 2010, 12:30:26 AM »
"The press would have a field day with this one if they weren't trapped in their office by skeletons, Lazer!"

FuzzyDan

• Official Keeper of The Line.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 12, 2010, 03:48:44 AM »
"Seriously.  I am too old for this shit."

"Those damn zealots in IA are already on a Lich Hunt, 'Fex.  You gotta get that Lazer under control."

"If you go against the Chief's Orders, they'll throw the book at you!"  "I wrote that damn book."
- Dan, Adding one to his Darkspiral Aura.

crash2455

• I walk between the rain drops, tommy gun and katana in hand
  • #1 Brovine
    • View Profile
    • The Drunk and the Ugly
« Reply #10 on: November 12, 2010, 04:00:39 AM »
All of this needs to go in the fanfic thread.

Seejo Crux

• High INT, Low CHA. Tend to be social misfits.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 12, 2010, 09:01:56 AM »
I don't think Major Lazer would be friends with anyone who couldn't enjoy neo-cyber-drugs that enhance combat performance.

Plus Pontifex doesn't seem like a Gaga-lover. Sure to cause a rift in the partnership.

clockworkjoe

• BUY MY BOOK
  • Administrator
  • Extreme XP CEO
    • View Profile
    • BUY MY BOOK
« Reply #12 on: November 12, 2010, 01:52:56 PM »
I don't think Major Lazer would be friends with anyone who couldn't enjoy neo-cyber-drugs that enhance combat performance.

Plus Pontifex doesn't seem like a Gaga-lover. Sure to cause a rift in the partnership.

all buddy movies have to have a part where the buddies get pissed at each other and then walk off only to realize later the power of bro-ship.

Zeriken

• Zombie Apocalypse Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 12, 2010, 04:18:34 PM »
Kirby, the barbarian fighter. He is rather intelligent for an Orc (14 in the score). He is the leader of a band of mercenaries called 'Kirby's Mercenaries.'

Background:

His beginnings were humble, where he started off as just another guy in a group of adventurers. But when he caught the Many Face criminal in the city of Nevilice, his fame began to grow. Time passed and he gained a stronghold (read: house) as well as several others to join him (Read: Mercenary group/Leadership).

He then moved to other parts of the realm, where his name was not so-well known. He reached another town. Citadel, it was called. And the land was under siege by hordes of slaves controlled by Illithids. It seemed they had, for some unknown reason, wished to invade the above-world enmasse.

Kirby offered his services to the lord there, Arir, and was surprised to be named standing general of their forces (a total of 600 men). Using his staff to the best of his advantage, Kirby enjoyed minor to moderate losses in the battles that ensued. Though, he had to admit, it was only with the help of five other adventurers that he was in such a good position.

His contract up, Kirby continued his search for fame and power, earning respect through battle...

Personality: Not much of a sense of humor, and when it does show it is always a dry sense of humor. He's a serious individual who despises the stereotype that all Orcs are dumb (he spent 2 points in his first level as Barbarian to read). He knows he can't do everything by himself, and relies on his officers to get some things finished for him.

Looks: Kirby is about 6'4", weighing in at about 280 pounds (5% body fat). He favors a clean-shaven head and a large axe as his weapon. While simply walking around, he wears chainmail armor beneath his clothing. Otherwise, at war, he wears platemail without a helmet.
Magadheera - Must find sub of this movie.

Setherick

• Administrator
  • Cosmic Horror: 1d10/1d100 SAN loss
  • Economies of Scale
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 12, 2010, 06:47:56 PM »
I love the mash up idea. But I still say, if you need a methodical, passionless, psychologically manipulative assassin in a modern game Orlen Johnson is your man. And, I'm not talking about his comic book version in Omar Shakti Must Die! either.
"Something smart so that I can impress people I don't know." - Some Author I've Not Read