Author Topic: WUSHU rock and Roll Play by Post  (Read 77383 times)

Addled GM

• I am worth 100 points in GURPS...ladies
    • View Profile
WUSHU rock and Roll Play by Post
« on: November 14, 2010, 08:35:28 PM »
Well ladies and gentleman the time is upon us to commence.  Let's start with some character descriptions and a nice opening action.  Awayyyy we go...

All of you live in a trashed home on the outskirts of suburbia.  The rent is at least three months behind and the booze, women, and drugs have all trickled away.  Today's the first and you all know what that means...a visit from Haggar Souts, your landlord.  The man epitomizes the word slum lord.  His speedy pace, slicked back graying hair, and money hungry expression let you know he means buisness.  You all hunker back and let him sit outside and stew.  He waits for a while and then his face turns bright crimson as he pulls a paper from inside his illfitted polyester suit and affixes it to your door.  He stomps off to his Mercedes and peels out leaving a trail of torn and melted rubber in his wake.

So whatcha gonna do?  Describe a nice intro scene for you character and what your character is doing at the beginning of the game.   

crash2455

• I walk between the rain drops, tommy gun and katana in hand
  • #1 Brovine
    • View Profile
    • The Drunk and the Ugly
Re: WUSHU rock and Roll Play by Post
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2010, 03:11:17 PM »
Mike was in the basement, running through probably the fiftieth take of the solo to "Cherub to Chesterfield," when some kind of banging upstairs broke his rhythm.  He waited and listened to the raucous sound.  He was just about to start playing again has the mood was broken once more by the landlord's less-than-elegant egress.  Finally understanding the events, he leaned back a little in the worn armchair and looked upstairs, to the open basement door.

"RENT'S DUE!"

And with that, he started running take fifty-one of "Cherub to Chesterfield."

Flawless P

• I walk between the rain drops, tommy gun and katana in hand
    • View Profile
Re: WUSHU rock and Roll Play by Post
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2010, 12:45:36 PM »
Ernest is laying in bed when the landlord arrives, the knock on the door comes as no surprise and he starts to get up to answer it, decides against it and goes back to playing his DS.

"Looks like we need to get some money together before he gets reeealy mad." He thinks to himself while simultaneously imagining going downstairs and pulling a FP, right into the back of Souts ugly suit.

"I suppose I better check on the notice, I'll give it a little more time to make sure he is really gone." He thinks while finally beating the level he'd been stuck on since rolling over to grab his DS off the charger.
42.7% of all statistics are made up on the spot.
If you can't fix it with duck tape you haven't used enough.
I intend to live forever -- so far, so good.