Author Topic: Ruins of Lemuria Kickstarter  (Read 160156 times)

clockworkjoe

• BUY MY BOOK
  • Administrator
  • Extreme XP CEO
    • View Profile
    • BUY MY BOOK
Ruins of Lemuria Kickstarter
« on: November 23, 2010, 12:01:05 AM »
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/rosspayton/ruins-of-lemuria-a-new-world-dandd-campaign-source

The New World is the grave of Lemuria, the greatest of all nations. The barbaric tribes that live in the New World now walk upon its bones, the ruins of temples and palaces, ignorant of the wisdom and power buried beneath their feet. When a colony from the kingdom of a distant continent settles on the shores of the New World, whispers of Lemuria flutter through the winds. Adventurers from the colony find the ruins and marvel at their beauty. Scholars listen to the legends told by tribal elders and connect them to ancient stories of a lost empire. Native warriors and mystics commune with spirits awoken by the colony’s arrival. The Ruins of Lemuria stir the blood of the ambitious and curious. Soon expeditions will be mounted to crack open the dusty tombs leading into the Stygian depths to learn their secrets and plunder their treasures. Little do these adventurers know that the doom that befall mighty Lemuria waits to greet them.

The Ruins of Lemuria describes a massive network of ruins that spread across the entire continent of the New World, the remnants of a powerful civilization more advanced in science and magic than any other in the history of the world. Fragments of their knowledge lie deep within the ruins, along with powerful magical items and vast amounts of treasure. Needless to say, if the knowledge or magic items are found and brought back to civilization, it could change the course of history. Lemurian magic and technology is still more advanced than anything else the world has ever known. A few adventurers armed with this power can end wars, curse diseases or doom their own civilization. This supplement provides a framework to incorporate the Ruins into most high fantasy RPG campaigns

Tadanori Oyama

• Extreme XP CEO
  • The Full Time GM
    • View Profile
    • Full Time GM
Re: Ruins of Lemuria Kickstarter
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2010, 12:06:25 AM »
Boom, 25 on the table. If the preview APs rock than I'll donate more.

Salkovich

• I walk between the rain drops, tommy gun and katana in hand
  • Concupiscent Piranha of the Apocalypse
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2010, 12:08:25 AM »

Whoops. Mis-read the rewards. In for $50 for the APs and the Skype game.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2010, 12:21:02 AM by Salkovich »
"It's heresy. Burn the heretics." - Ross Payton NEVAR FORGET
"If you are asked, 'Would you like Abraham Lincoln', your answer is always YES."

clockworkjoe

• BUY MY BOOK
  • Administrator
  • Extreme XP CEO
    • View Profile
    • BUY MY BOOK
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2010, 12:11:30 AM »
interesting - I'm glad I added new options for donating this time.

ristarr

• I dream in graph paper lines
    • View Profile
    • Underwater Blues
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2010, 12:12:17 AM »
I agree!  I feel like doing some Ruin crawling.

Arje

• Play by Post Dude. Malcontent.
  • Global Moderator
  • Oregon Trail 13 Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2010, 01:16:15 AM »
(watches silently)
My new goal in life is to play D&D with Judi Dench

Mckma

• President of the Apparatus of Kwalish fan club
  • Sometimes Murphy's Law needs to be enforced
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2010, 01:22:23 AM »
I'll probably donate, I just need to remember that I'm doing more than just "buying" a reward.  I feel like I can't just mooch forever...

:P

EDIT:  Should we donate $25 would we have any potential influence over system or would you just pick?  I trust any game you run would be awesome to play in, I was just curious...
« Last Edit: November 23, 2010, 01:24:13 AM by Mckma »

clockworkjoe

• BUY MY BOOK
  • Administrator
  • Extreme XP CEO
    • View Profile
    • BUY MY BOOK
« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2010, 01:30:57 AM »
I'll probably donate, I just need to remember that I'm doing more than just "buying" a reward.  I feel like I can't just mooch forever...

EDIT:  Should we donate $25 would we have any potential influence over system or would you just pick?  I trust any game you run would be awesome to play in, I was just curious...

I pick! MOOHAHAHA

basically I'm going to treat it as a gencon game - shoot for 4 hours - try out whatever game I feel like - if you want to call the shots then go for the big reward

what did you want me to run?

Salkovich

• Concupiscent Piranha of the Apocalypse
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 23, 2010, 01:50:09 AM »

I pick! MOOHAHAHA

basically I'm going to treat it as a gencon game - shoot for 4 hours - try out whatever game I feel like - if you want to call the shots then go for the big reward

I'd prefer CoC just 'cause I own those books and not MAOCT.
"It's heresy. Burn the heretics." - Ross Payton NEVAR FORGET
"If you are asked, 'Would you like Abraham Lincoln', your answer is always YES."

Tadanori Oyama

• Extreme XP CEO
  • The Full Time GM
    • View Profile
    • Full Time GM
« Reply #9 on: November 23, 2010, 02:10:36 AM »
I need those APs soon Ross, there's like six inches of snow on the ground that wasn't there this morning, I need something to keep from getting cabin fever, or to keep me warm while trying to push through the white death to get to the office.

clockworkjoe

• BUY MY BOOK
  • Administrator
  • Extreme XP CEO
    • View Profile
    • BUY MY BOOK
« Reply #10 on: November 23, 2010, 02:20:26 AM »
I need those APs soon Ross, there's like six inches of snow on the ground that wasn't there this morning, I need something to keep from getting cabin fever, or to keep me warm while trying to push through the white death to get to the office.

encoding them now - it will include the TMNT games I ran, Tom's league games and a few others

Tadanori Oyama

• Extreme XP CEO
  • The Full Time GM
    • View Profile
    • Full Time GM
« Reply #11 on: November 23, 2010, 02:21:33 AM »

encoding them now - it will include the TMNT games I ran, Tom's league games and a few others

Sweet. The action focused league game always sounded fun.

crash2455

• #1 Brovine
    • View Profile
    • The Drunk and the Ugly
« Reply #12 on: November 23, 2010, 03:37:05 AM »
Alright, you've twisted my arm.  I've got $30 on the table right now.

Pretending I've got any say in the matter, I'd prefer Monsters because I have the books for that and not CoC (also I love the shit out of Monsters).
« Last Edit: November 23, 2010, 03:43:11 AM by crash2455 »

Seejo Crux

• I am worth 100 points in GURPS...ladies
  • High INT, Low CHA. Tend to be social misfits.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 23, 2010, 08:28:11 AM »
Ross will do what you want for a little extra cash. Just no kissing. Too personal.

rayner23

• President of the Apparatus of Kwalish fan club
  • Machine. Unexpectantly, I invented a time
    • View Profile
    • Paladin Curse Blog
« Reply #14 on: November 23, 2010, 08:59:25 AM »
I suggested that a reward could be that people could have some of the comics I have in the back of my car and they are signed by ME. For an undisclosed amount of money, Cody will sign a copy of Amazing Spider-man #329 just for you!
I'm from Alaska. About Fifty miles south of Ankorage there's a little fishing town, maybe you've heard of it, it's called fuck your momma.