Author Topic: Patrick's Going to Run a Skype Game  (Read 79674 times)

Mckma

• President of the Apparatus of Kwalish fan club
  • Sometimes Murphy's Law needs to be enforced
    • View Profile
Re: Patrick's Going to Run a Skype Game
« Reply #90 on: December 29, 2010, 01:00:57 AM »
I'm definitely going to keep a hold on the notes so I can run it if I need something that week (since I usually GM).  In that case, do y'all mind if I use others' characters as pregens?  Feel free to use mine (though you may want to modify it as he had a lot of skills that were largely useless for the scenario)...

Salkovich

• I walk between the rain drops, tommy gun and katana in hand
  • Concupiscent Piranha of the Apocalypse
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: December 29, 2010, 01:02:58 AM »
I'm definitely going to keep a hold on the notes so I can run it if I need something that week (since I usually GM).  In that case, do y'all mind if I use others' characters as pregens?  Feel free to use mine (though you may want to modify it as he had a lot of skills that were largely useless for the scenario)...

Go for it! Whoever uses mine will do a fuckton of running around.
"It's heresy. Burn the heretics." - Ross Payton NEVAR FORGET
"If you are asked, 'Would you like Abraham Lincoln', your answer is always YES."

Setherick

• Administrator
  • Cosmic Horror: 1d10/1d100 SAN loss
  • Economies of Scale
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: December 29, 2010, 01:04:17 AM »
I'm going to great another pregen character to play opposite of Whitworth, so I'll let you guys know when I have him done.
"Something smart so that I can impress people I don't know." - Some Author I've Not Read

Charlie72

• I dream in graph paper lines
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: December 29, 2010, 01:25:17 AM »
[9:27:28 PM] Sam Graebner: this game is justgonna end with me tranqing everyone and ross murdering the world

What'd I tell you, guys? Totally called it.
Jesus, how was the chatlog that long?

On a more related note, it was a fun game.  I think the chatlog proves that.

There was a lot of time spent on the chatlog while Charlie72 was murderin'

I killed one person! In self-defense!

I'll try and get the recording on the community site ASAP.  

Salkovich

• Concupiscent Piranha of the Apocalypse
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: December 29, 2010, 01:33:42 AM »

I killed one person! In self-defense!

I'll try and get the recording on the community site ASAP.  

haha no I know, just jokin'.
"It's heresy. Burn the heretics." - Ross Payton NEVAR FORGET
"If you are asked, 'Would you like Abraham Lincoln', your answer is always YES."

Patrick

• I am worth 100 points in GURPS...ladies
  • No federal minimum wage for kobolds!
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: December 29, 2010, 10:43:47 AM »
I... am... bummed...  :(

I wanted to play so very badly. I guess its a good thing I didn't, because I would have gone the serious route and tried to "get into" my character...

Sounds like it was a blast.

If anybody else plans on doing running this game via Skype, let me know, because I am definitely in!
[Resistance Is Futile... Have A Great Day!]

Mckma

• President of the Apparatus of Kwalish fan club
  • Sometimes Murphy's Law needs to be enforced
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: December 29, 2010, 11:11:29 AM »
I... am... bummed...  :(

I wanted to play so very badly. I guess its a good thing I didn't, because I would have gone the serious route and tried to "get into" my character...

Sounds like it was a blast.

If anybody else plans on doing running this game via Skype, let me know, because I am definitely in!

I think we did try to get into our characters, and did a pretty good job, the "problem" may have just been that Charlie did it too well which made it absolutely hilarious because from an outside perspective it was pretty easy to tell before about halfway through that things were just going to go to hell...

AmishNinja

• View Profile
    • NaturalOne
« Reply #97 on: December 29, 2010, 11:30:19 AM »

I don't mind if you throw mine in. Modify at will, too.

You played the negotiator right? I felt bad for you that your skills couldn't be fully utilitized. Felt bad for the medic, too, because he was in such high demand that he didn't get to do his own thing as much. Salkovich: thanks for playing the medic. You get the workhorse/beast of burden award.

Setherick

• Administrator
  • Economies of Scale
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: December 29, 2010, 12:16:11 PM »

You played the negotiator right? I felt bad for you that your skills couldn't be fully utilitized. Felt bad for the medic, too, because he was in such high demand that he didn't get to do his own thing as much. Salkovich: thanks for playing the medic. You get the workhorse/beast of burden award.

Negotiator could be an interesting character to use as a pregen and build one or two encounters around. I'll have to think about it when I revise the notes. How do you guys think that character archetype could be best realized?

When I make pregens, I'm thinking about making 6 characters.

Point Man (secondary role would be electrical repair / handyman)
Point Man (secondary role would be infiltration expert / lock pick expert)
Medic
Biochemist
Psychologist (secondary role would be computer repair / technician) - Whitworth

I need one more so what should it be? The secondary role of the sixth character would also be computer repair / technician, like Whitworth. What archetype should that be? Negotiator?
"Something smart so that I can impress people I don't know." - Some Author I've Not Read

crash2455

• #1 Brovine
    • View Profile
    • The Drunk and the Ugly
« Reply #99 on: December 29, 2010, 01:12:11 PM »

I was the negotiator.  In all honesty, I suppose it was a bad idea to think I could negotiate with anyone after reading the pregame text.  It was worth a shot, though.

Negotiator could be an interesting character to use as a pregen and build one or two encounters around. I'll have to think about it when I revise the notes. How do you guys think that character archetype could be best realized?

When I make pregens, I'm thinking about making 6 characters.

Point Man (secondary role would be electrical repair / handyman)
Point Man (secondary role would be infiltration expert / lock pick expert)
Medic
Biochemist
Psychologist (secondary role would be computer repair / technician) - Whitworth

I need one more so what should it be? The secondary role of the sixth character would also be computer repair / technician, like Whitworth. What archetype should that be? Negotiator?

I wouldn't mind if you threw in my character (probably with a few modifications).

Setherick

• Administrator
  • Economies of Scale
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: December 29, 2010, 01:15:39 PM »
I was the negotiator.  In all honesty, I suppose it was a bad idea to think I could negotiate with anyone after reading the pregame text.  It was worth a shot, though.

When I revise, I'm going to include a few people that haven't been affected by the image.

AmishNinja

• View Profile
    • NaturalOne
« Reply #101 on: December 29, 2010, 01:17:54 PM »
Since I'm looking to run this soon, I sent you (patrick) a question via PM. Answer at your leisure.

Charlie72

• View Profile
« Reply #102 on: December 29, 2010, 04:51:30 PM »

Setherick

• Administrator
  • Economies of Scale
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: December 29, 2010, 06:21:28 PM »
Version two of the game notes will be available later this week with the first set of revisions. Post any comments / suggestions of things you want to see here. If you want a new copy of the game notes, PM me with an email address to send it to.

This version will include:

6 Pregens
1 Major Edit
Several Minor Edits

Specifically looking for suggestions on improvised weapons and traps using standard office furniture that I can rework into game terms.

Charlie72

• View Profile