Author Topic: Goblin Hulk @ Strategicon Los Angeles  (Read 8474 times)

beej

• I dream in graph paper lines
    • View Profile
Goblin Hulk @ Strategicon Los Angeles
« on: January 22, 2014, 03:23:06 AM »
Hey all, this year I will be running a Dungeon World Goblin Hulk game and the Quiet Year at Strategicon.  If you will be attending, sign up!  We can bond over RPPR and Ross's monstrous nature.

http://www.strategicon.net/
"Old R'lyeh Brewery. Enjoy a cold one on the Great Old One!"

clockworkjoe

• BUY MY BOOK
  • Administrator
  • Extreme XP CEO
    • View Profile
    • BUY MY BOOK
Re: Goblin Hulk @ Strategicon Los Angeles
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2014, 05:52:04 AM »
You should post this to the RPPR Facebook group as well.

beej

• I dream in graph paper lines
    • View Profile
Re: Goblin Hulk @ Strategicon Los Angeles
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2014, 03:10:12 AM »
I ran the game Friday night and it was a smashing success.  The Goblin Hulk is perfect for dungeon World as it fits with the system's 'anything can happen' mentality.  Highlights include:

Guys next to us (playing palladium robotech) stepping away from their game to ask "did you say a minute ago there was a zombie dolphin pinned to a bar?"  Me: "Yeah, with a harpoon."  To which they replied 'you still got any open seats?"  Sadly I did not but I did give them the rppr site address.

PC accidentally turning another pc's rapier into a sentient rapier which I immediately rp'd as Sparkles.

PCs got sidetracked from their escape from the prison deck in the crew deck by joining pit fights for gold.

PC playing the princess bought their  battle unicorn back from pontifex (who was onboard for a unicorn auction) in exchange for the bones of the princess's dead subjects.

PCs killed the mage on the orlop deck in a fight after the mage refused to bargain with one of the magic users in the group and said PC through a dagger at the mage.

I began describing bones of the elder dragon in the side of the ship as a result of the dragon crashing into the ship and the corpse getting incorporated into the hull.  A few players had this look of 'what is this madness?  Who wrote this?!"

All in all, amazing.  I will be running it again next con.
"Old R'lyeh Brewery. Enjoy a cold one on the Great Old One!"