Author Topic: A Tribute to Sir Redgar Orphan's Bane  (Read 19531 times)

Setherick

• Administrator
  • Cosmic Horror: 1d10/1d100 SAN loss
  • Economies of Scale
    • View Profile
A Tribute to Sir Redgar Orphan's Bane
« on: April 19, 2009, 06:50:56 PM »
We were nearing the end of an extended Iron Heroes campaign run by Ross a few years back when a new member joined our party, Sir Redgar. Now the player playing Sir Redgar was a fairly intelligent guy (he's currently a PhD student in Political Science at a school which will remain nameless), but he wasn't the fastest on his feet and his character suffered for it. Wulfstan, my hunter and defacto party leader, became immediately suspicious of this young knight who did not seem to possess much worldly experience. He made another warm body to throw at enemies, so Wulfstan overlooked most of his follies. Then came the infamous day when Sir Redgar earned his moniker "Orphan's Bane."

The day started out as any other day when the group was in town. The barbarian went to the bar. The elven archer restrung her bow. The charismatic thief went and pilfered the rich. My character tried to atone for all the sins and cultural taboos the party had committed. And Sir Redgar, well, he went to the bizarre to find a new weapon. In the bizarre, he was pick-pocketed by a wandering street urchin and instead of harming or even reprimanding the child, he demanded that the child take him to its parents. When the child replied that he was an orphan, Sir Redgar demanded that the child take him to his guardian. This is when things got ugly.

The guardian of the child ended up being an assassin/thief who was training the thirty some orphans he cared for how to be other assassin/thieves. Sir Redgar took this as an affront to his knightly ways and decided the best appropriate action was to strike the man down as the thirty some orphans watched.
Then things got really ugly.

Ross: The thirty screaming orphans come running at you, smacking at your armor, and pining for their now dead guardian.

Redgar: I start to walk away.

Ross: One of them manages to stab you doing superficial damage, you take one point.

Redgar: I strike them all down.

Ross: What?

Redgar: They are going to grow up to be assassins and thieves anyway, I kill them all now.

Ross: A few minutes later, thirty some dead orphans lie at your feet. You hear the approach of local constables. What do you do?

Redgar: I wipe my blade.

By this point, the entire table was laughing so hard we had to take a break.
"Something smart so that I can impress people I don't know." - Some Author I've Not Read

Maze

• Global Moderator
  • Oregon Trail 13 Superstar
  • Azathoth Janitorial Services
    • View Profile
Re: A Tribute to Sir Redgar Orphan's Bane
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2009, 07:08:43 PM »
That is ... AWESOME! Man, it made me laugh pretty hard. How come this wasn't in any RPPR anecdotes yet?

Setherick

• Administrator
  • Economies of Scale
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2009, 07:17:25 PM »
That is ... AWESOME! Man, it made me laugh pretty hard. How come this wasn't in any RPPR anecdotes yet?

Because I'm too lazy to type them up or record them and Ross doesn't let me skype guest on the show.
"Something smart so that I can impress people I don't know." - Some Author I've Not Read

Boyos

• President of the Apparatus of Kwalish fan club
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2009, 08:19:49 PM »
Atleast his blade will be clean.

rayner23

• Machine. Unexpectantly, I invented a time
    • View Profile
    • Paladin Curse Blog
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2009, 08:51:57 PM »
That adds so much great history to the current Sir Redgar that I know and love.

And now he is banging my exgirlfriend.
I'm from Alaska. About Fifty miles south of Ankorage there's a little fishing town, maybe you've heard of it, it's called fuck your momma.

Setherick

• Administrator
  • Economies of Scale
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2009, 09:22:48 PM »

Seriously, damn. He was a tool.

Boyos

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2009, 09:26:27 PM »

Im not sure if your just silly or what, But im pretty sure hes saying in the new world campain hes banging the girl lock wanted to just let go and die haha!

Mason

• I am worth 100 points in GURPS...ladies
  • he who laughs last, didn't get it.
    • View Profile
    • my myspace page
« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2009, 09:28:41 PM »
classic dick.
"a Kenyan man once told me you can get use to anything when money is involved... he use to stick mice up his ass for twenty dollars a pop." -Spider Jerusalem

Maze

• Global Moderator
  • Oregon Trail 13 Superstar
  • Azathoth Janitorial Services
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2009, 09:44:20 PM »
That adds so much great history to the current Sir Redgar that I know and love.

Is she crazy too?

Setherick

• Administrator
  • Economies of Scale
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 26, 2009, 04:58:47 PM »

Im not sure if your just silly or what, But im pretty sure hes saying in the new world campain hes banging the girl lock wanted to just let go and die haha!

Although this would be funny as well, I'm pretty sure Cody was referring to a mutual tool acquaintance of ours.

Boyos

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 26, 2009, 06:03:06 PM »

Ahh i thought Sir Redgar was the new leader of the new adventureing company in New World haha. Either way its still good.

Although this would be funny as well, I'm pretty sure Cody was referring to a mutual tool acquaintance of ours.

clockworkjoe

• BUY MY BOOK
  • Administrator
  • Extreme XP CEO
    • View Profile
    • BUY MY BOOK
« Reply #11 on: April 26, 2009, 09:41:45 PM »
I based the NPC in the New World campaign after the Iron Heroes PC. Same general idea, although the New World version hasn't slain any orphans.

Mason

• I am worth 100 points in GURPS...ladies
  • he who laughs last, didn't get it.
    • View Profile
    • my myspace page
« Reply #12 on: April 27, 2009, 11:15:43 AM »
.......yet.
"a Kenyan man once told me you can get use to anything when money is involved... he use to stick mice up his ass for twenty dollars a pop." -Spider Jerusalem

Boyos

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 27, 2009, 12:12:25 PM »
I based the NPC in the New World campaign after the Iron Heroes PC. Same general idea, although the New World version hasn't slain any orphans.

Nor has Lock..... Yet.