Author Topic: Wish me luck!  (Read 6285 times)

Moondog

• Oregon Trail 13 Superstar
  • A soul in polyhedron
    • View Profile
Wish me luck!
« on: January 24, 2011, 04:18:21 AM »
I'm gonna run that Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: And Other Strangeness game I've had knocking around in my head for a while now. Finally broke through the ennui barrier, sat down and wrote it up.

With Palladium's rule set (d100, roll under for skills is fine, but why the hell is combat a million times more complicated than it needs to be, and why is it impossible to miss with a gun?), I'll need it.

\ o /
Currently Reading: FIGHT!: The Fighting Game RPG! (it owns)

clockworkjoe

• BUY MY BOOK
  • Administrator
  • Extreme XP CEO
    • View Profile
    • BUY MY BOOK
Re: Wish me luck!
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2011, 01:26:22 PM »
hahah jawesome

make PCs roll up random chargen. It's the Palladium way!

Moondog

• A soul in polyhedron
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2011, 06:16:43 PM »
Random generation was done, using the (slightly modified) Road Hogs table. Everyone wanted to do their own thing, so naturally, everyone is a different animal, no team bonuses around.

Every one is still kicking around names, but thus far I have:

An intentionally mutated skunk who was raised as a special agent utilizing his natural talents by a secret military organization, who focuses on espionage, stealth and hand to hand. He insists on being called Solid Skunk. God help me.

A shark who, due to an accident by a biological research company was mutated and then found and raised by a ninja master.

An intentionally mutated deer, who was raised as a normal human and attended college, presumably with the backing of the private industry who caused it.

And a deliberately mutated cheetah, raised as an assassin by a secret espionage organization.

Ye gods.

Moondog

• A soul in polyhedron
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2011, 03:00:26 AM »
So, we have Sammy Bito, (ugh) Shark Ninja (with a giant sword and a Hawaiian accent/shirt), Solid Skunk (with knives and CQC), Nigel Curwen, an MI6 trained Cheetah who sounds suspiciously like Sean Connery who is a righteous boxer, and Jane (groan), a deer with a penchant for inventions and tasers.

When I GM, I always require that my players come up with the reason why they've all decided to band together and work as a team, and I gleefully awaited (after getting over the damage the puns inflicted upon me) the insanity they came up with. I was actually somewhat surprised. Ahem. . .

On the lamb (if I hear anymore animal puns in this game I will scream) from MI6, Nigel fled to America, only to be stalked by Solid Skunk, who was directed to do so by the Secret Military Organization he comes from - and would have done something bad, had Nigel not revealed that said Secret Military Organization ( I refused to let them call it FOXHOUND) was responsible for funding GeneTech's recent aquatic sea lab, which naturally, leaked mutagen creating Sammy, whose master demanded he leave Hawaii to seek out better opportunities, which led him to New York (where the game is taking place), and at some nocturnal job or another, the three met up, decided, naturally, that a bunch of mutant freaks who are good at sneaking should work together, and on a job from a Mysterious Patron, tracked down the techheaded deer, who has decided to let the other three shack up in her awesome abandoned warehouse.

You know, one thing I really like about the TMNT:aOS rules is that despite how utterly random it is, it actually always seems to produce characters that, by and large, would fit perfectly in the universe.

First session was mostly just introductions, backstories and what not, but we've gotten the basic footwork out of the way to reveal that someone wants to steal Admiral America's brain and that it is being held in a warehouse.

Which will naturally result in a fight against ninjas, which should eventually lead to JIM'S BOXING GYM: HANDS DOWN (groan) THE BEST GYM, where EL CABRA FUERTE will stomp them into the floor. Or so I hope.

More tomorrow~

Moondog

• A soul in polyhedron
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2011, 05:19:17 PM »
Total party knock-out achieved by EL CABRA FUERTE, the near-superpowered luchadore.

I love this game.