Author Topic: Caleb is a mad genius (or Yet Another Fan Club Thread)  (Read 709851 times)

Discomonkey

• Slayer of the Dread Gazebo
    • View Profile
Re: Caleb is a mad genius (or Yet Another Fan Club Thread)
« Reply #525 on: August 06, 2013, 06:03:39 AM »
Ran revelations for my group a while back, when it was released in draft format. They really loved it. Two things in particular hit them pretty hard, the confrontation in the grocer's in act two and the late game messages from Winifred almost had them locking themselves in the police station until the apocalypse.

In the end, they were almost completely divided, with one player stealing both the sword and the arrows and proceeding to drive headlong over the edge when he critically failed two drive checks on his way out of town.

Vivax

• Zombie Apocalypse Survivor
  • Secret Twitter Mod for the SCP Foundation
    • View Profile
« Reply #526 on: August 07, 2013, 05:48:37 PM »
I'm not sure if you were aware of this but another RP podcast, "Fist Full of Misanthropes" is running the "No Security" games. They just posted their run of "Revelations".

https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/a-fistful-of-misanthropes/id400112025

beej

• I dream in graph paper lines
    • View Profile
« Reply #527 on: August 09, 2013, 05:28:04 AM »
Caleb, you mentioned trying something lighter.  Have you considered playing or running Monster of the Week or Monsterheart?  They very buffy/supernatural centered games set in high schools.  While they have some combat they're very much a narrative game, where people riff of one another, sort of in the vein if the Quiet Year.  The guy who made quiet year made Monsterheart, which is really a hack of apocalypse world, much like monster of the
"Old R'lyeh Brewery. Enjoy a cold one on the Great Old One!"

Tim

• View Profile
« Reply #528 on: August 09, 2013, 12:06:37 PM »
Still waiting for Caleb to run the beat poet game he promised where the players drive back and forth across the country and drink and fornicate and right free verse.

Ok maybe he did not promise it but he knows in his heart of hearts it would be epic.

Teuthic

• I am worth 100 points in GURPS...ladies
  • of the Bleak Cabal
    • View Profile
« Reply #529 on: August 09, 2013, 02:16:38 PM »
Still waiting for Caleb to run the beat poet game he promised where the players drive back and forth across the country and drink and fornicate and right free verse.

Ok maybe he did not promise it but he knows in his heart of hearts it would be epic.

I realize this is probably a typo, but I love the idea that their goal is to correct free verse. Fucken Kerouac.

Tim

• View Profile
« Reply #530 on: August 09, 2013, 02:22:07 PM »

I realize this is probably a typo, but I love the idea that their goal is to correct free verse. Fucken Kerouac.

I wish I were clever enough to take credit for that. Does a word exist for a written error that in unintentionally better than what was originally intended?

PaperGangster

« Reply #531 on: August 09, 2013, 05:28:18 PM »

I wish I were clever enough to take credit for that. Does a word exist for a written error that in unintentionally better than what was originally intended?

ser·en·dip·i·ty
noun \ˌser-ən-ˈdi-pə-tē\
: the faculty or phenomenon of finding valuable or agreeable things not sought for; also : an instance of this

I think it falls under this.  :)

Review Cultist

• View Profile
« Reply #532 on: August 13, 2013, 08:16:45 PM »
Did Caleb ever post his rules for drugs in Call of Cthulhu? If so, where?I'd like to check those out for some sessions?
Liquid Water?

crash2455

• I walk between the rain drops, tommy gun and katana in hand
  • #1 Brovine
    • View Profile
    • The Drunk and the Ugly
« Reply #533 on: August 13, 2013, 10:15:18 PM »
Did Caleb ever post his rules for drugs in Call of Cthulhu? If so, where?I'd like to check those out for some sessions?

I honestly don't know if he even can.  He doesn't have licensing from Arc Dream or The Chaosium.

clockworkjoe

• BUY MY BOOK
  • Administrator
  • Extreme XP CEO
    • View Profile
    • BUY MY BOOK
« Reply #534 on: August 14, 2013, 12:03:19 AM »

I honestly don't know if he even can.  He doesn't have licensing from Arc Dream or The Chaosium.

It might go in an issue of the Oath. By the way, you should get the newest issue of the Oath. The scenario in it is baller as hell.

Salkovich

• Concupiscent Piranha of the Apocalypse
    • View Profile
« Reply #535 on: August 14, 2013, 12:05:02 AM »
Which scenario is that?
"It's heresy. Burn the heretics." - Ross Payton NEVAR FORGET
"If you are asked, 'Would you like Abraham Lincoln', your answer is always YES."

Review Cultist

• View Profile
« Reply #536 on: August 14, 2013, 12:07:10 AM »
Will have to check my pdf copy, while I wait for the printed version.
Liquid Water?

clockworkjoe

• BUY MY BOOK
  • Administrator
  • Extreme XP CEO
    • View Profile
    • BUY MY BOOK
« Reply #537 on: August 14, 2013, 12:10:19 AM »
Which scenario is that?

the one by Mr. Glancy

Salkovich

• Concupiscent Piranha of the Apocalypse
    • View Profile
« Reply #538 on: August 14, 2013, 12:17:25 AM »
Oh man, Cold Dead Hand? The Russian one? Yeah we were in on the playtest for that. that scenario is madness
"It's heresy. Burn the heretics." - Ross Payton NEVAR FORGET
"If you are asked, 'Would you like Abraham Lincoln', your answer is always YES."

Review Cultist

• View Profile
« Reply #539 on: August 14, 2013, 12:39:32 AM »
Sounds like a bag of fun times!
Liquid Water?