Author Topic: Music Composition  (Read 6868 times)

Herrigold

• Zombie Apocalypse Survivor
    • View Profile
Music Composition
« on: February 04, 2011, 06:26:31 PM »
Whassup Dudes,

Long time listener, first time poster here. Great stuff to the whole RPPR gang! Quick question... I seem to remember Ross and Tom talking about some music composition contacts during one of their shows, but I can't find it. Was I dreaming that up?

Keep up the good work!
It's too late to be clever. I'll try being adventurous.

clockworkjoe

• BUY MY BOOK
  • Administrator
  • Extreme XP CEO
    • View Profile
    • BUY MY BOOK
Re: Music Composition
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2011, 11:18:01 PM »
What do you mean by music composition contacts? Do you mean musicians or bands or something like that?

Herrigold

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2011, 09:44:47 AM »
Hey Ross! Yeah, I thought I remembered that you guys used some friends or a website or something to get some original music made. I could be wrong though, as I do remember you said something similar about getting some artwork done for your campaign books.

clockworkjoe

• BUY MY BOOK
  • Administrator
  • Extreme XP CEO
    • View Profile
    • BUY MY BOOK
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2011, 02:15:46 PM »
I don't know of a website you can go to get new music made for free. That being said, I do of websites where you can get existing music for use in a podcast for free

http://www.musicalley.com/ - podsafe music. You sign up as a podcast and can download thousands of songs cleared for use in podcasts.

http://www.archive.org/details/audio - vast archive of public domain and creative commons music available for download

http://www.freesound.org/ - CC licensed sound effects

http://www.twistedtracks.com/ - royalty free stock music - use it for whatever you want but you have to pay for each song

As for art - I talk to individual artists. Ean Moody and Violet Kirk have been the best contributors in that regard.

Why do you ask? What do you need the music and art for?

Herrigold

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2011, 12:01:47 PM »
Thanks... I guess I WAS dreaming, but the links are awesome and I'll check them out. I'm running a small games company and just looking for ways to get original music for our next game.

Looking forward to more play sessions! Make sure you give Aaron lots of important game-changing decisions!

BeyondSandrock

• I dream in graph paper lines
  • Give Life Back to Music
    • View Profile
    • The BrightSide Lair - My Personal Repository for Stuff
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2011, 12:27:09 PM »
Why am I supposed to be in charge of the game-changing decisions? I was under the impression that I was to be kept away from those decisions, lest my dying streak spread to the rest of the group.
"All of time and space, everything that ever happened or will happen. Where do you want to begin?"

Herrigold

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2011, 05:41:36 PM »
But you fail with such eloquence! The brilliance of it is that Ross doesn't even set you up in a trap, you just manage to turn a good and kind-natured effort into the most disastrous series of events that doom the entire planet. Now that is talent! I think you're a class act for coming back for more each time and that you're a very important part of the show. I applaud you, sir!

Sriad

• Slayer of the Dread Gazebo
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2011, 04:58:05 PM »
Thanks... I guess I WAS dreaming, but the links are awesome and I'll check them out. I'm running a small games company and just looking for ways to get original music for our next game.

Looking forward to more play sessions! Make sure you give Aaron lots of important game-changing decisions!

A good way to get music made cheaply (relatively; I don't actually know your budget) is to talk to a junior or senior undergrad in Music Composition.