Author Topic: 02B- TTO Office  (Read 71731 times)

Dom

• Oregon Trail 13 Superstar
    • View Profile
Re: 02B- TTO Office
« Reply #60 on: March 16, 2011, 01:36:16 PM »
The defender becomes aware that there is an unidentified object or person inside the ventilation system. It goes in a passive alert status, and tries to close all the vent access points. However, Oriole realizes that since he performed a scheduled test overriding the lockdown, he might also be spotted by the defender.

Infosec (75) Rolling 1d100:
(78): Total = 78

Dom

• View Profile
« Reply #61 on: March 16, 2011, 01:39:16 PM »
Thankfully this is not the case so Khalil finds the vent access open and jumps down to the bathroom. Both Oriole and Friction know that security personnel will likely be sent to the vent access points to check for anomalies, and that they should try and leave inconspicuously as soon as possible.

Robot Master

• I dream in graph paper lines
  • "Wu Tang gets they cookie."
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: March 16, 2011, 07:33:55 PM »
"I have access to Jakuta's files. I'm going through them now. Please be patient." Oriole emits over the secured band. "We don't have much time until my contact wishes to meet at the ramen stand."

((Invoking mental speed, reading at 10x speed, recording pertinent data and saving it))

((here's a Research test (53) if needed.))
Rolling 1d100:
(3): Total = 3
Thanos: "I am going to sacrifice the Earth to gain the love of Death"
Me: (slowly raise eyebrow) "Destroy the Earth? That would be...illogical"
Vortex: "Yes...that...would be...highly...illogical."
Thanos: "Your Star Trek references bore me."

DancingWarPanda

• Slayer of the Dread Gazebo
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: March 17, 2011, 12:56:13 AM »
Come on, let's get out of here Khalil urgently says over the radio. We've done well so far but I don't think we should expect our luck to keep up. He stands at the door waiting for Oriole hoping his mistake didn't alert too many guards.

Moondog

• A soul in polyhedron
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: March 17, 2011, 01:39:49 AM »
Ace's voice comes over the secure channel with stony, obviously manufactured calm. "TITANs. Christ almighty. Right, right, well. You all know riot procedure, don't you? When this gets on the air, the proverbial solid organic waste will strike the air circulation device, if you catch my drift. The higher the class of the neighborhood - as long as it isn't media-heavy or government related - the safer you should be, as rich folk tend to run instead of riot. Move together, avoid main streets and the like. "

Currently Reading: FIGHT!: The Fighting Game RPG! (it owns)

Dom

• View Profile
« Reply #65 on: March 17, 2011, 11:39:21 AM »
Oriole copies all the information stored on Riveira's terminal, including the exact chemical composition of the biological material that was disassembled and the programming information on the nanobots found in the biological material.

Not much time left now before the security guards enter the bathroom.

Robot Master

• View Profile
« Reply #66 on: March 17, 2011, 12:47:18 PM »
The time dilation from Oriole's advanced mental speed rushes back to his senses. The sounds of the air conditioning and Friction's words speed up from a long, slow moan to the regular speed of voice as if someone was dragging their fingertips across a vinyl record album and suddenly let go. Blinking, Oriole disconnects from Jakuta's terminal and rises from the toilet seat in the stall. Pushing the door open, he turns and heads for the bathroom door to leave.

"We've got Jakuta's information. I agree, Friction. Let's exit the building. When we exit, you head to the left and I'll head to the right to separate. We'll meet at the rendez-vous point." He pauses, communicating solely over the secured band. "Ace, you're at the bar right now? I have that contact that wished to meet with me regarding the media blackout. Since we know who ordered it and why there's the lockout, are we in consensus that I should cancel the meeting and let my contact know that we have the information as well and to get to somewhere safe? Also...I'm having Ripley prepare a data dead-drop to the organization. I believe they should know about this as soon as possible to update any other cells."

((ooc: unless anything stops him, consider Oriole leaving the bathroom, going to the door, heading up the street, and to the bar))

Moondog

• A soul in polyhedron
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: March 17, 2011, 04:28:54 PM »
"You got it. Bar Hemel, Gastown. Gorgeous place, think I'll make a habit of comin' more often. More on topic, I think you're right. Cancel the meeting - with the appropriate 'thanks-anyways'- and find somewhere safe to wait and see just what kind of storm breaks. Great job on getting that info, by the way.

If you're headed my way, try and avoid me and my contact. Don't want 'em spooked. You guys heard from the others at the apartment yet?
"
Currently Reading: FIGHT!: The Fighting Game RPG! (it owns)

csr556

• Zombie Apocalypse Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: March 17, 2011, 08:47:41 PM »
A message from Jeeves enters the queue:  "Everyone, Reaver is requesting an update.  He and Mr. Zeeb have been occupied by a transient.  More information will follow as soon as the transient awakens."

DancingWarPanda

• Slayer of the Dread Gazebo
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: March 21, 2011, 06:12:48 PM »
With nothing left to do at the office Khalil quickly leaves the premises to meet up with the rest of his team. 

Robot Master

• View Profile
« Reply #70 on: March 21, 2011, 09:51:29 PM »
[Jeeves: We're leaving TTO now. We have the contents of Jakuta's workstation. Also, be advised, we intercepted the following from Murrak Aghassi.

----

To whom it may concern,

At 1837 hours, military sensors set up in the outer perimeters of the cordoned area known as the TITAN Quarantine Zone reported a strong spike in electromagnetism. This was followed by increased activity of nanoswarms and TITAN-created machines in the Zone.  This electromagnetic pulse temporarily disabled several civilian and military satellites which happened to be orbiting the area close to the TQZ. Thankfully, no habitats were affected by this burst of electromagnetic radiation.

The reasons for this event are as of yet unknown. There is also no clear location pinpointing the origin of the burst, except that it was somewhere close to the center of the TQZ, from the area known as the White Zone.

As a response to this event, the Tharsis League’s security branches went on full alert and begun to take defensive measures directed at the TQZ. This includes mobilizing the military to the TQZ, more contracts with Direct Action and Gorgon Defense Systems, and temporarily requisitioning the Maglev systems to assist in the mobilization.

News of this event are still out of the media channels though we expect this to end in the next hour. We are expecting panic and rioting in the streets. I hope that it does not come to that, as we have spread our security forces too thin by moving many of these groups to the TQZ.

There has not been this level of activity coming from the TQZ. I worry that this might be a portent of another TITAN attack, I will pray that this is not the case.

Murrak Aghassi

...we are following Ace right now to a bar called Hemel in the nightclub district. It seems he's following some sort of lead. Do you need any assistance from one of us at your location? If so, please advise.]

With that, Oriole exits the TTO offices and heads towards the bar. On his way, he sends a message to his contact that states: "I've intercepted the information. No need to meet. Get to safety and gods be with you."

As he goes, he's start to work on sorting through Jakuta's terminal for anything interesting. He will not open any suspicious files, instead he will quarantine them.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2011, 09:59:52 PM by Robot Master »

csr556

• Zombie Apocalypse Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: March 22, 2011, 06:33:00 PM »
"Khalil, if you would like to stop by the apartment, I have something for you to do."