Author Topic: Women and Roleplaying Game's  (Read 20054 times)

Kelkesh123

• Zombie Apocalypse Survivor
  • "What would the DC be for eating him whole?"
    • View Profile
Women and Roleplaying Game's
« on: February 21, 2011, 05:23:34 PM »
So I walked into a Half-Priced Book's store the other day and just wandered around, staring at ridiculous deals (please give me money for this HPB), when I found the RPG book section.
Stooping down, I searched through the books, looking for whatever suited my fancy.
Found a copy of Rift's, stared at it, and promptly put it down. Then found a copy of Shadowrun 2nd Edition, and started reading it.

A girl walking by stops and starts a conversation with me, giving me her number as she leaves so I can play a game with her.

I made my way over to the water fountain, GURPS book in hand (I had never gotten ahold of one, so it felt like it was time), and started a conversation with a girl there about GURPS.

She gave me her facebook and cellphone number.

At this point a little bewildered (and a little afraid my girlfriend might have a few choice comments about me returning home with multiple girl's numbers), I approached the checkout counter, where I again talked to a woman about roleplaying games and left with a number.

Now either I'm some sort of pimp, or women have started outnumbering male roleplayers in my area.
Any similar experiences?

"THIS IS WHY WE CAN'T HAVE NICE THINGS!"

Mckma

• President of the Apparatus of Kwalish fan club
  • Sometimes Murphy's Law needs to be enforced
    • View Profile
Re: Women and Roleplaying Game's
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2011, 05:26:21 PM »
Can't either confirm or deny this for my area, but I do have to profess my envy at you having a HPB near you.  I checked one out while on vacation over the summer and it has amazing deals and is a great place to get cheap books (especially RPGs)...

Tadanori Oyama

• Extreme XP CEO
  • The Full Time GM
    • View Profile
    • Full Time GM
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2011, 05:38:37 PM »
I've had similar things happen but only with guys. The RPG section of my local HPB is by the bathrooms, halfway down a hallway right next to the manga so it isn't as well traveled. I suppose there's women who want to play RPGs around, I do see then in the actual gamestore that I go to, but none of them have ever approached me.

I think you might just be a pimp, man.

doctorscraps

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2011, 10:12:04 AM »
Hell, I've never had random gamer conversation at the book store. Arizona is rather lame like that I guess.

However, I think thanks to RPPR, many of our encounters with Rifts boiled down to just staring at it, then putting it back on the shelf.
When the GM can't roll higher than a ten on the D20, he see's his plot points flash before his eyes.

Tadanori Oyama

• Extreme XP CEO
  • The Full Time GM
    • View Profile
    • Full Time GM
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2011, 11:59:52 AM »
However, I think thanks to RPPR, many of our encounters with Rifts boiled down to just staring at it, then putting it back on the shelf.

You do? There's a bunch of Palladium books at our store that never move from their shelf and I've considered buying some of them to use as source material but never worked up the nerve.

clockworkjoe

• BUY MY BOOK
  • Administrator
  • Extreme XP CEO
    • View Profile
    • BUY MY BOOK
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2011, 01:56:05 PM »
DO IT

Tadanori Oyama

• Extreme XP CEO
  • The Full Time GM
    • View Profile
    • Full Time GM
« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2011, 02:04:10 PM »
DO IT

But their old, and made from 80s paper, and the artwork is strange, and every random page I flip to is a "what the fuck" moment, either because of the things begin talked about or the mechanics attached to them. They frighten me.

clockworkjoe

• BUY MY BOOK
  • Administrator
  • Extreme XP CEO
    • View Profile
    • BUY MY BOOK
« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2011, 06:03:23 PM »
DO IT

But their old, and made from 80s paper, and the artwork is strange, and every random page I flip to is a "what the fuck" moment, either because of the things begin talked about or the mechanics attached to them. They frighten me.

PALLADIUM CARES NOT FOR YOUR COWARDICE. PALLADIUM GAMES ARE THINKING MAN'S GAMES. BUY THEM OR PROVE YOUR STUPID COWARDICE.

clockworkjoe

• BUY MY BOOK
  • Administrator
  • Extreme XP CEO
    • View Profile
    • BUY MY BOOK
« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2011, 06:03:51 PM »
 8)

doctorscraps

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 22, 2011, 06:16:14 PM »
DO IT

PALLADIUM CARES NOT FOR YOUR COWARDICE. PALLADIUM GAMES ARE THINKING MAN'S GAMES. BUY THEM OR PROVE YOUR STUPID COWARDICE.
When the GM can't roll higher than a ten on the D20, he see's his plot points flash before his eyes.

clockworkjoe

• BUY MY BOOK
  • Administrator
  • Extreme XP CEO
    • View Profile
    • BUY MY BOOK
« Reply #10 on: February 22, 2011, 06:38:22 PM »
PALLADIUM GAMES SHIT OUT GENRE EXPLOSIONS OF ACTION AND IDEAS - ONLY FOOLS CARE IF SAID EXPLOSIONS ACTUALLY MAKE SENSE

PALLADIUM GAMES WERE UP BEFORE DAWN CHOPPING FIREWOOD AND KILLING POST APOCALYPTIC MUTANT BANDITS - WHAT WERE YOU DOING?

PALLADIUM GAMES SERVED FIVE TOURS OF NAM AND MADE A RPG ABOUT IT

doctorscraps

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 22, 2011, 07:02:04 PM »
PALLADIUM GAMES ARE BASED ON THE REAL LIFE ADVENTURES OF TONY DANZA

clockworkjoe

• BUY MY BOOK
  • Administrator
  • Extreme XP CEO
    • View Profile
    • BUY MY BOOK
« Reply #12 on: February 22, 2011, 07:46:24 PM »
srsly tho palladium games are pretty silly

doctorscraps

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 22, 2011, 07:51:08 PM »
Incredibly.

crash2455

• I walk between the rain drops, tommy gun and katana in hand
  • #1 Brovine
    • View Profile
    • The Drunk and the Ugly
« Reply #14 on: February 22, 2011, 08:10:58 PM »
srsly tho palladium games are pretty silly

Speaking of which, whatever happened to the Eliminators game?