Author Topic: Gaming Grid Recommendations  (Read 5924 times)

Mckma

• President of the Apparatus of Kwalish fan club
  • Sometimes Murphy's Law needs to be enforced
    • View Profile
Gaming Grid Recommendations
« on: April 02, 2011, 01:26:13 PM »
Have any?

I seem to have lost the poster that came with the 3.5 DMG (which I really liked) and as of late we've been using miniatures on sheets of notebook paper which we've drawn the lines on in Sharpie, not ideal...

Looking for a good value, I don't mind paying a bit more, but if I do I'd want to be sure it will last (and likely have some other reason to pay more like wet/dry erase)...

crash2455

• I walk between the rain drops, tommy gun and katana in hand
  • #1 Brovine
    • View Profile
    • The Drunk and the Ugly
Re: Gaming Grid Recommendations
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2011, 01:43:23 PM »
Chessex makes a good battle mat.

Alternatively, if you can find 1-inch ruled graph paper and laminate it, you can draw on it with dry-erase markers and it'll last for a long time.

Dom

• Oregon Trail 13 Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2011, 02:30:19 PM »
My recommendation is the Paizo GameMastery Flip-Mat It's on laminated card-stock, which gives both a durable yet writable surface. I like that the mat is not just black and white, instead you can use the brown side for outdoor maps and the grey seide for dungeons and other indoor areas. The only problem I had with it was that, when I first bought it, the mat would not lay flat on the table because it comes folded in the package. I fixed it by spreading it out on the dinner table and pining it down with a bunch of heavy books for two days.
Other than that, I would definitely recommend it.

clockworkjoe

• BUY MY BOOK
  • Administrator
  • Extreme XP CEO
    • View Profile
    • BUY MY BOOK
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2011, 02:56:24 PM »

+1 Hat

• Zombie Apocalypse Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2011, 03:25:07 PM »
I dearly love my Tact-Tiles, but that company went under. Battlegraphs are cheaper, but a bit more fragile. Still probably the best choice for modular grids. Accessible through this elegant and finely-crafted link: www.longtoothstudios.com/blog