Author Topic: Rage quitting a campaign is a lot like losing your virginity...  (Read 5894 times)

doctorscraps

• Zombie Apocalypse Survivor
    • View Profile
--Afterwards, you feel akward, maybe a little unsure of whether or not you were a little rough, and not entirely sure if you can look certain people in the face the next day.

Oh, yeah, before I forget to mention...Just rage-quit my first DnD campaign about an hour ago. In my defense, it was an Asshole DM who loved to point out that every course of action was the wrong one, and loved his clusterfuck battles where minions would crawl up our ass, and BBG's who would resurect them as soon as we cut down half of them.

Ladies and gentlemen, there is a difference between being challenging and testing the mettle of your players, and mashing your thumb on the Asshole Button like a coked up monkey. No gaming is indeed better than bad gaming.
When the GM can't roll higher than a ten on the D20, he see's his plot points flash before his eyes.

clockworkjoe

• BUY MY BOOK
  • Administrator
  • Extreme XP CEO
    • View Profile
    • BUY MY BOOK
Re: Rage quitting a campaign is a lot like losing your virginity...
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2011, 09:42:51 PM »
Ah that sucks but now that time you've just freed up can be used to find a better game.

I've been reading the worst gaming experience thread on Something Awful http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3198150 and it proves that no gaming is better than bad gaming. As a plus, you can read that to feel better about your bad experience.

doctorscraps

• Zombie Apocalypse Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2011, 10:21:51 PM »
It's always a small comfort knowing there are other people just as ired.
When the GM can't roll higher than a ten on the D20, he see's his plot points flash before his eyes.

Joven

• I dream in graph paper lines
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2011, 10:29:50 PM »
Back when I was gaming we had someone rage quit, cant remember what it was over, something real minor, but since then it was pretty much mandatory that someone had to rage quit at least once a campaign in the same manor, just cause we all thought it was pretty hilarious.

Moondog

• Oregon Trail 13 Superstar
  • A soul in polyhedron
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2011, 12:35:42 AM »
Never managed to rage-quit, or have any of my players rage-quit, myself. But I do wholly agree that no gaming is better than bad-gaming.

Currently Reading: FIGHT!: The Fighting Game RPG! (it owns)

Fizban

• Slayer of the Dread Gazebo
    • View Profile
    • Ministry of Game
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2011, 03:39:54 AM »
Have never rage-quit a game, although have assisted polite mutinies twice now.

I had someone try and rage-quite my game only a few weeks ago now.  After a few emails, though, it turned out it was nothing to do with my game, more to do with personal troubles, and they came back as if nothing had happened.

Richard

• Slayer of the Dread Gazebo
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2011, 08:00:18 PM »
Ah. I rage-quitted a game once, albeit, I was the GM. It was when I was younger: the players weren't showing up, refusing to learn the game world (This was "Kindred of the East". I actually kind of dislike that game in retrospect...), and generally just dicking around. I actually burned up their character sheets in a woodstove.

Ah, such memories...such red-tinged, rageful memories...