Author Topic: Time of Judgement  (Read 5193 times)

Flawless P

• I walk between the rain drops, tommy gun and katana in hand
    • View Profile
Time of Judgement
« on: April 25, 2011, 03:41:01 PM »
I now submit to you all that now is a time of judgement for all that you hold dear in gaming, judge your friends and yourself in hopes that you can get advice here on how to better yourself/them.

I have a few regular players and two of them were arguing, they had decided to let it out and tell each other what they do not like about the other persons gaming habits, after about 20 minutes of them going back in forth calling each other assholes, I in my ever present GM mindset stood up and said "Hey guess what YOU'RE ALL ASSHOLES, I am your DM believe me not a single one of you is free from fault." Then I told them what about them is annoying, luckily I am fairly diplomatic so I didn't have a mutiny on my hands but everyone kinda stopped arguing and started some inner contemplation.

Of my group we have as follows.

First, one of my players gets bored with the scene if it isn't about him and them tries to steer everything in a direction that entertains him. He has improved greatly since he started gaming but it is his ever present struggle.

Second, We have the introvert who is so afraid of getting yelled at for doing something wrong that he rarely if ever takes an action other than "Attack" "Move" "Item" "Magic"

Third, This player gets distracted easily and is prone to side chatter, but only if someone else starts it. Otherwise, he is a model player.

Fourth, Makes incredibly anti-social characters and then takes it personally when the other players don't like his ideas. His major flaw is that he takes everything personally, which I think he even took me telling him that as an offense.

Fifth Must be the party face, always the first to talk and last to shut up. He will interrupt others to make sure that he is the primary talker of the scene.

Myself - As a player I am very fluid and I don't go out of the way to call attention to myself, I spend so much time trying to be versatile that I end up not very good at a lot of things. Instead of great at like 2 things.

I enjoyed making these judgments and I am glad my players still want to play, and I daresay since telling them they have all made great strides to improve upon these things.

So come forth with more judgments! Also any comments on how in game I can help curb these players impulses would be nice.

PS yes i stole the thread title from the RPPR episode of the same name.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2011, 02:08:30 AM by Flawless P »
42.7% of all statistics are made up on the spot.
If you can't fix it with duck tape you haven't used enough.
I intend to live forever -- so far, so good.

clockworkjoe

• BUY MY BOOK
  • Administrator
  • Extreme XP CEO
    • View Profile
    • BUY MY BOOK
Re: Time of Judgement
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2011, 04:05:29 PM »
I am a horrible monster

Flawless P

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2011, 03:20:00 PM »
You know how you can fix that?

Allow PC's to mind control each other with social skills.

clockworkjoe

• BUY MY BOOK
  • Administrator
  • Extreme XP CEO
    • View Profile
    • BUY MY BOOK
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2011, 03:32:18 PM »
You know how you can fix that?

Allow PC's to mind control each other with social skills.

BRILLIANT

Flawless P

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2011, 03:59:23 PM »
Think of how smoothly things will run when all PC's are completely pliant to each others whims, with but a simple roll of the die!

Tadanori Oyama

• Extreme XP CEO
  • The Full Time GM
    • View Profile
    • Full Time GM
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2011, 06:02:55 PM »
Think of how smoothly things will run when all PC's are completely pliant to each others whims, with but a simple roll of the die!

You know, the strawman here has a point...