Author Topic: The Modern League of Extraordinary Gentleman Plots  (Read 6999 times)

Addled GM

• I am worth 100 points in GURPS...ladies
    • View Profile
The Modern League of Extraordinary Gentleman Plots
« on: May 20, 2011, 07:59:43 PM »
Of all the things that  I have used from RPPR, this idea seems to be the one that my players have latched onto the most, so I thought a thread for it would be neat.  The concept is simple: anything that has ever happened in a movie really happened ( I call this the fanfictoverse).  All the players choose a hero of their choice and go to town.  When I run this I use WUSHU but any system will do.

I borrowed a lot of ideas for this from both RPPR and Happy Jacks RPG podcast. Here's the scenario I ran:

Doc Brown messed with time one too many times.  He accidently came into contact with something from beyond space and time, and it is tearing its way into our world.  Doc Brown assembles the heroes without knowing he is one of the masterminds behind what is going to happen.  Doc Brown phases out of time and space as the characters are attacked by various slasher flick villians.  The ones that try to escape go into the sewers.  The PCs find that a river of orange ooze has replaced the water. A fight scene between the PCs and IT (the one from the Stephen King novel) ensues.  The PC's end up coming up at Ghostbusters International Headquarters where someone has blown up the conatinment unit.  The PCs fight their way through cenobites, gremlins, zombies (every game needs atleast one zombie scene), and finally make it to the roof where they meet Doc Brown.  He says something like its all for you and then tranforms into a giant monster from beyond space and time, and as this is occurring, the villians from the various movies that the PCs' heroes are from show up as well.  But that's not all.  They hear a rumbling from down the street as a statue comes into view.  It is Lord Vigo from Ghostbusters II and a catholic priest riding the statue of liberty (now infused with liquid evil) though a thunderstorm.  After some of the fight the priest turns out to be the priest from the first exorcist and the PCs are fighting the antichrist.

When I ran this we all had a blast.  The hero lineup was Steven Seagal, Machete, Scarface, Conner McCloud, and the guy from Wanted (the not so great movie version).  

Anyways, I plan on running the Modern LoEG sometime again in the future.  Has anybody else run?  Any other cool ideas for a MLoEG game plot?    
« Last Edit: May 20, 2011, 11:13:27 PM by Addled GM »

Mckma

• President of the Apparatus of Kwalish fan club
  • Sometimes Murphy's Law needs to be enforced
    • View Profile
Re: The Modern League of Extraordinary Gentleman Plots
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2011, 08:08:36 PM »
Buckaroo Banzai: Adventures Across the Eighth Dimension!

Watch it...

Setherick

• Administrator
  • Cosmic Horror: 1d10/1d100 SAN loss
  • Economies of Scale
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2011, 08:42:10 PM »
Do a film noir version using Dirty World as the ruleset and Robert Mitchum's character Harry Powell from Night of the Hunter (1955) as the villain. Make all the players pick from classic black and white gangster, horror, and detective films.
"Something smart so that I can impress people I don't know." - Some Author I've Not Read

Flawless P

• I walk between the rain drops, tommy gun and katana in hand
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2011, 11:23:36 PM »
I think a Zombie Outbreak would be a good one.

Also, some kind of forced time travel to a steam punk era.

or

The Stargate program needs some big damn heroes to take down a Go'uld system lords ENORMOUS mother ship.
42.7% of all statistics are made up on the spot.
If you can't fix it with duck tape you haven't used enough.
I intend to live forever -- so far, so good.

Addled GM

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2011, 11:31:47 PM »
Everyone plays a blaxploitation superstar (Shaft, Superfly, Sweet Sweetback, Foxxy Brown, Dolemite) fighting the man in 1980.  Main boss fight:Mecha Kung-Fu Ronald Reagan atop the Lincoln Memorial.

Addled GM

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2011, 11:35:11 PM »
I think a Zombie Outbreak would be a good one.

Also ran MLoEG with Zombie outbreak as a backdrop.  The game was so good that the players were actually on their feet for the die rolls.  They still talk about it fondly.