Author Topic: Hollow Earth Expedition - anyone played this yet?  (Read 7615 times)

JonHook

• I am worth 100 points in GURPS...ladies
    • View Profile
Hollow Earth Expedition - anyone played this yet?
« on: May 09, 2009, 12:05:45 AM »
Hey guys, I just heard about a game that focuses on pulp-style adventuring. It's called Hollow Earth Expeditions, (HEX), and it's published by Exile Games.

I haven't played yet, but I am chomping at the bit to play. I've decided that the next rpg I buy will be HEX. I encourage you guys to go check out the Exile Games site, especially the downloads section. The EG folks have posted the HEX introductory adventure they produced for Free RPG Day 2008, so it comes with complete quick-start rules too.

I think this would be a great system to play a Land of the Lost campaign. Beware of Sleestaks!
"Isolation on a ship like this can breed heresy in the dark unwashed corners. I won't find evidence of heresy here, will I?" - Festor Sorebol (an Imperial Psyker in Tadanori's Dark Heresy game: House of Dust & Ash)

wrotenbe

• Zombie Apocalypse Survivor
  • RAWRF
    • View Profile
Re: Hollow Earth Expedition - anyone played this yet?
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2009, 12:55:42 AM »
I liked the Super Science book.

Setherick

• Administrator
  • Cosmic Horror: 1d10/1d100 SAN loss
  • Economies of Scale
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2009, 09:36:40 AM »
Holy crap! I must own and run this.
"Something smart so that I can impress people I don't know." - Some Author I've Not Read

JonHook

• I am worth 100 points in GURPS...ladies
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2009, 03:53:31 PM »
Holy crap! I must own and run this.

Seth, are you interested in playing a game of HEX via pbp?
"Isolation on a ship like this can breed heresy in the dark unwashed corners. I won't find evidence of heresy here, will I?" - Festor Sorebol (an Imperial Psyker in Tadanori's Dark Heresy game: House of Dust & Ash)