Author Topic: Why do you game?  (Read 35485 times)

Boyos

• President of the Apparatus of Kwalish fan club
    • View Profile
Re: Why do you game?
« Reply #30 on: May 03, 2009, 01:10:03 PM »
Did his backpack have jets?

I would think that if he was the basterd love child of them, he would be more finesse about it, like rocket boots.

I've never connected "Han Solo" with "finesse" before.

Sure, anyone that can wear a blaster on his thigh and fly a ship like the flacon must have finesse, Lando does too onlly cus he has a cape!

Did I mention that I game so I can learn real magic? Because that's why I'm doing it.

OMG ME TOO!

Phelanar

• Zombie Apocalypse Survivor
  • Stop nuzzling the instrument of my vengeance
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 03, 2009, 04:31:13 PM »
There was nothing finesse about this guy at all. He'd get offered a job and say "okay" without asking what it was we were doing, what we were delivering, where we were delivering it to. This happened about 4 times. The fact that the GM encouraged this behavior and smacked down the other characters who were (understandably) unhappy with this practice didn't help matters any. He practically creamed himself at the thought of carrying spice like Han Solo did and he kept trying to do a Kessel Run as well (even when our ship was so bad that trying the run would have gotten us killed). His first reaction into running into someone is to ask them for a job or shoot them with his super tweaked out heavy pistol. He didn't have jets (nor a Vette), but that's just because the GM wouldn't let him have one.

He was our pilot, yet didn't want to learn vehicle combat stuff or any of the other rules, for that matter. He had to be walked through nearly every action he did, even though this was basically d20 and not exactly rocket science. So when he went back to WoW, I was not unhappy.
A great ninja move is like great jazz. Nobody is aware of it and anyone who saw it live is now dead.

Mason

• I am worth 100 points in GURPS...ladies
  • he who laughs last, didn't get it.
    • View Profile
    • my myspace page
« Reply #32 on: May 03, 2009, 05:17:05 PM »
Did I mention that I game so I can learn real magic? Because that's why I'm doing it.

talk to cody about that one, hes mastered the yank wish.
"a Kenyan man once told me you can get use to anything when money is involved... he use to stick mice up his ass for twenty dollars a pop." -Spider Jerusalem

Shallazar

• Oregon Trail 13 Superstar
  • I AM TOM!
    • View Profile
    • Never do Nothing
« Reply #33 on: May 03, 2009, 08:47:25 PM »
I guess my previous response to why I gave was real generalized and full of vague vagaries.
Because after about three weeks of my (well previously my) DnD campaign not getting played, I discovered that I game because in a game well you can do anything that you fucking want, and get the experience (points) of doing said thing without having or being able to do it.

For instance I can't really touch a doorframe and suddenly have visions of the forty billion other fucknuts who have touched the same doorframe. And I can't shoot lazers out of my eyes irl either. Although immersion is real important to me as a gamer, I kind of abstain from LARPing but I that hasn't stopped me from bringing in awesome props for my sessions, like Flagos to drink beer from or amulets that I make from belt buckles I get off ebay.

Oh yeah and i love wizards and fairy bullshit.
I wish I was Tom.

Granted, you are now Tom.

Boyos

• President of the Apparatus of Kwalish fan club
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 03, 2009, 10:41:57 PM »

Oh yeah and i love wizards and fairy bullshit.

wow i did not relise that fairys had cows!!!

codered

• I dream in graph paper lines
  • Don't Hate!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 04, 2009, 02:22:26 PM »
one of my favroite char was a pixie he was fun to play *shot sleep arrow then dissapear*"ok the big guy is down whos next"
Kenders Rock

Tadanori Oyama

• Extreme XP CEO
  • The Full Time GM
    • View Profile
    • Full Time GM
« Reply #36 on: May 04, 2009, 02:23:36 PM »
Did you know a pixie with a vortal sword, sized down for it, still beheads on a critical?

Mason

• View Profile
    • my myspace page
« Reply #37 on: May 04, 2009, 09:24:34 PM »
Did you know a pixie with a vortal sword, sized down for it, still beheads on a critical?

of course, you've seen those animes where the character with the big sword cuts through an even bigger monster with one slice. same concept. that and its bulstered by pixie power, only thing that can trump pixie power is flux capacitor.
"a Kenyan man once told me you can get use to anything when money is involved... he use to stick mice up his ass for twenty dollars a pop." -Spider Jerusalem

Shallazar

• Oregon Trail 13 Superstar
  • I AM TOM!
    • View Profile
    • Never do Nothing
« Reply #38 on: May 10, 2009, 01:25:42 AM »

of course, you've seen those animes where the character with the big sword cuts through an even bigger monster with one slice. same concept. that and its bulstered by pixie power, only thing that can trump pixie power is flux capacitor.

Coat hanger?
I wish I was Tom.

Granted, you are now Tom.

Mason

• View Profile
    • my myspace page
« Reply #39 on: May 10, 2009, 02:46:22 AM »

Coat hanger?

yeah a Flux Capacitor.