Author Topic: Modern League of Extraordinary Gentlemen  (Read 35396 times)

Flawless P

• I walk between the rain drops, tommy gun and katana in hand
    • View Profile
Re: Modern League of Extraordinary Gentlemen
« Reply #45 on: September 22, 2010, 07:27:51 PM »
fucking christ make a new thread to wank off about doctor who

I think I will leave that one up to Aaron since I would default to him being a bigger fan than I am.

In light of that fact maybe we can steer this back to what it's really about.

Kroack and I pestering you to tell us how you would have ended the original GURPS Leauge game.
42.7% of all statistics are made up on the spot.
If you can't fix it with duck tape you haven't used enough.
I intend to live forever -- so far, so good.

clockworkjoe

• BUY MY BOOK
  • Administrator
  • Extreme XP CEO
    • View Profile
    • BUY MY BOOK
« Reply #46 on: September 22, 2010, 11:00:23 PM »
I honestly don't remember because I thought I conclusively ended the league games I've posted. Where did the games leave off?

joecrak

• I am worth 100 points in GURPS...ladies
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 22, 2010, 11:51:23 PM »
They defended mayberry and defeated Cobra
Freedom is not a license for chaos.

Vega Baby

• Zombie Apocalypse Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: September 23, 2010, 01:30:09 AM »
My roommate has finally chosen his character, and as I knew he would he, he is playing a character from a Manga. Psyren, I have never read it but I perused wikipedia and found out he has an ability is hard to use is Risus, so he just isn't going to be using that particular ability.

Ageha Yoshina
Psyren (4)
Problem Solver (3)
High Schooler (3)

I haven't read Psyren in a while, but it's certainly an interesting choice for a character to say the least considering they're only a fraction as powerful normally as they are in the post-apocalyptic future they tend to be warped to, which I'm guessing you're not planning to include in the game.

That said, he probably wouldn't even be able to USE his main power in the present, so you'd be completely justified in not allowing him to use it.  Even then though, his powers are still crazy flexible even without that, as they can let him enhance his speed, strength, reflexes, ect.  as well as some supernatural senses if I remember correctly.  You might want to make sure he has clear limits on what his powers will let him do.  And for all I know, his abilities may be even more flexible now, as it's the nature of Shonen manga like that to have the main character's power levels constantly increasing at an exponential rate.

Flawless P

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: September 23, 2010, 11:19:37 AM »
My roommate has finally chosen his character, and as I knew he would he, he is playing a character from a Manga. Psyren, I have never read it but I perused wikipedia and found out he has an ability that is hard to use is Risus, so he just isn't going to be using that particular ability.

Ageha Yoshina
Psyren (4)
Problem Solver (3)
High Schooler (3)

I haven't read Psyren in a while, but it's certainly an interesting choice for a character to say the least considering they're only a fraction as powerful normally as they are in the post-apocalyptic future they tend to be warped to, which I'm guessing you're not planning to include in the game.

That said, he probably wouldn't even be able to USE his main power in the present, so you'd be completely justified in not allowing him to use it.  Even then though, his powers are still crazy flexible even without that, as they can let him enhance his speed, strength, reflexes, ect.  as well as some supernatural senses if I remember correctly.  You might want to make sure he has clear limits on what his powers will let him do.  And for all I know, his abilities may be even more flexible now, as it's the nature of Shonen manga like that to have the main character's power levels constantly increasing at an exponential rate.

Yeah in any other system I would be worried about all those abilities but his powers fit in nicely with Risus because he can use his "Psyren" abilities to be pretty flexible. One reason I love the fact that he is in the game is that the kid will Solve anyones problems for 10,000 yen. Which is about $114. I think that fact alone was funny enough for me to allow him.

I just thought the idea that the an orginization could buy the services of a fairly powerful psychic for $114 to be good budgeting on their part.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2010, 11:21:53 AM by Flawless P »

Flawless P

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: August 04, 2011, 04:31:24 PM »
I honestly don't remember because I thought I conclusively ended the league games I've posted. Where did the games leave off?

Now I am listening to Tom's Modern Leauge game and I have had the end of the Ghostbusters modern leauge game ruined. I did a search on the main site and the Actual Play site and didnt get anything refering to Modern Leauge Part 3.

I need closure!!!