Author Topic: New Delta Green RPG!!!  (Read 6471 times)

TPKthulhu

• Slayer of the Dread Gazebo
    • View Profile
New Delta Green RPG!!!
« on: August 11, 2011, 08:20:11 PM »
http://arcdream.com/home/?p=828

From the bottom of the piece:

It will be its own game, not a supplement to Call of Cthulhu, but it will incorporate parts of BRP and CoC that have been released in the Open Gaming License as well as new system elements. We have two core goals: To create a game tailored specifically to Delta Green and its vision of the Cthulhu Mythos, and to make sure that all the past Delta Green material is fully compatible with the new system.

Tailoring the game specifically to Delta Green means adapting just about every aspect of the system to the things that make Delta Green tick. The Sanity rules will be based on the Call of Cthulhu-derived Sanity rules found in the OGL, but will be customized to reflect a somewhat more sophisticated understanding of trauma and post-traumatic stress that’s emerged in recent years. Combat rules will be clarified and will allow for somewhat more realistic tactical options. Interrogation, persuasion, surveillance, pursuit, hacking, research and tradecraft will take center stage.

Character creation will include advantages to reflect characters’ unique backgrounds and the nature of their past exposure to supernatural horrors. Skills will be consolidated into a small number of core skills with a wider, optional range of specialties. Every character will have defined motivations that will either enhance or undermine psychological resilience, depending on how badly those motivations have suffered under the stress of the character’s involvement in Delta Green.

Making all this backwards-compatible won’t be hard. Every one of the primary designers has 20 to 30 years of experience designing for BRP and specifically for Call of Cthulhu. You will be able to use a stat block from any Delta Green book (or any other Call of Cthulhu supplement) in the Delta Green RPG without headache-inducing conversions.

***CREAMS JEANS REPEATEDLY****

I really hope they are going to be talking about this on the next Unspeakable! podcast. I know it's premature, but this is a hell of an announcement and it'd be great if they elaborated on it.

SO FUCKING PUMPED
"Screw your idea check! I poke it with a stick!"

clockworkjoe

• BUY MY BOOK
  • Administrator
  • Extreme XP CEO
    • View Profile
    • BUY MY BOOK
Re: New Delta Green RPG!!!
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2011, 10:26:40 PM »
the next unspeakable podcast will be the gencon panel.

TPKthulhu

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2011, 12:50:20 AM »
***PUTS ON NEW PANTS SPECIFICALLY FOR THE PURPOSE OF CREAMING THEM AGAIN***

This shit tickles every single fanboy funny bone I have.

Moondog

• Oregon Trail 13 Superstar
  • A soul in polyhedron
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2011, 12:20:42 PM »
Meh.
Currently Reading: FIGHT!: The Fighting Game RPG! (it owns)

Tadanori Oyama

• Extreme XP CEO
  • The Full Time GM
    • View Profile
    • Full Time GM
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2011, 03:48:40 PM »
I've been waiting for something like this for awhile. Ever since the first podcast of the Oath when they really spent time talking about just how different the world is from when Delta Green was first created. I think that the guys are going to make something totally awesome. I also think it's going to be a long, long process, given how much detail Pagan pays to quality and detail.

TPKthulhu

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2011, 01:59:50 AM »
I agree it will probably be a really long process, but maybe we can hope that the writers have a lot of the material banked already and won't be starting from scratch. In any case, it probably won't take as long as the last gap between books  ;)

clockworkjoe

• BUY MY BOOK
  • Administrator
  • Extreme XP CEO
    • View Profile
    • BUY MY BOOK
« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2011, 02:09:06 AM »
last 2 books came out in the last 2 years - they've also had issues with releases due to their license from Chaosium. Now that it will be a standalone game, they won't have that problem.

Kroack

• I walk between the rain drops, tommy gun and katana in hand
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2011, 08:30:59 PM »
I'm not okay with this because I don't like change. It scares me.