Author Topic: Dresden Files... A Testimonial!  (Read 4162 times)

Patrick

• I am worth 100 points in GURPS...ladies
  • No federal minimum wage for kobolds!
    • View Profile
Dresden Files... A Testimonial!
« on: May 20, 2012, 02:57:18 AM »
I am not normally a shill for any particular product or service. Okay, scratch that and let me start over again...

I am not normally a shill for any particular product or service except for Roleplaying Public Radio and Ross "Buy-My-Book" Payton, but after playing a short Dresden Files scenario last night, I must admit that I really, REALLY like the system.

Once you get past the conceptual difficulties, namely; a game that asks, nay, demands that you be creative and build a character, the game mechanics themselves are pretty fun. Our session effectively ended with a botched kidnapping attempt, an invisible van, a vampire coed, cheerleader loudly demanding to know where her boyfriend went and one Call Of Cthulhu inspired Sherlock Holmes wannabe fleeing the scene of the crime screaming "Vampire! Vampire!"

All in all, it was a pretty fun night.

Any of you guys tried this particular system yet and if so, do you have any thoughts or anecdotes you would care to share?

PS: I've attached the character sheet for the character I played last night, just in case anybody is interested
« Last Edit: May 20, 2012, 03:05:36 AM by Patrick »
[Resistance Is Futile... Have A Great Day!]

Herrigold

• Zombie Apocalypse Survivor
    • View Profile
Dresden Files... A Testimonial!
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2012, 01:34:15 AM »
That's a pretty resounding endorsement! Maybe I'll check out the book.
It's too late to be clever. I'll try being adventurous.