Author Topic: Lair Assault  (Read 3851 times)

Snake-Eyes

• I am worth 100 points in GURPS...ladies
    • View Profile
    • Illusive Comics & Games
Lair Assault
« on: September 12, 2011, 01:29:41 PM »
I'm a little late on this but oh well. For those of you who enjoy D&D encouters, Wizards has come out with a new event. Lair Assault is for 5th level characters (you get some magic items too), it's harder than encounters and takes more time. The event started last sunday (at least at my shop). It should be replayed though out the month. This month is Forge of the Dawn Titan.
You've been sucked out of the airlock into the black. Roll all the dice on the table for damage.

Tadanori Oyama

• Extreme XP CEO
  • The Full Time GM
    • View Profile
    • Full Time GM
Re: Lair Assault
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2011, 01:51:57 PM »
Man I hated that event. It was not what I expected at all. Thing's set up like a battle of attrition where you throw PC after PC into the fire week after week until you find a combination of characters that can handle all the different challenges.

Snake-Eyes

• I am worth 100 points in GURPS...ladies
    • View Profile
    • Illusive Comics & Games
Re: Lair Assault
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2011, 02:04:49 PM »
I wasn't there for it but they had like 5 at one table and only 2 were still standing when the shop had to close. But I can see your point about finding the right combo to live though it. I'd be interested to see a dark sun version of it, just to make it even that much harder. I remember driving my players crazy during the dark sun encounters event.
You've been sucked out of the airlock into the black. Roll all the dice on the table for damage.