Author Topic: Cthulhu Pre-gens  (Read 6777 times)

Joven

• I dream in graph paper lines
    • View Profile
Cthulhu Pre-gens
« on: August 29, 2011, 05:03:13 PM »
Is there anywhere that has a collection of pregenerated characters for CoC/DG? (either or, preferably both)

I've tried looking and can't really find anything, and the only generators I've seen don't do the skills.
If not, would anybody have a bunch of old PC's they could upload or whatever?

I've never actually made a CoC character, or ran a game of CoC, or played in one, and I'm giving GMing/rpgs 1 last go before I quit for good and don't want to put in the effort to try and craft the PCs without knowing too much about what they should have or not, for something that may be futile/may never happen in the first place, and my would be players are gibbering morons barely capable of rational thought with questionable literacy and heads as thick as all outdoors I wouldnt trust with plastic silverware, so there's no good god damn way Id let them try and make them (these people couldnt even get through the god damn rules for Risus for fucks sake, 6 pages...counting the introduction)
« Last Edit: August 29, 2011, 05:05:33 PM by Joven »

Salkovich

• I walk between the rain drops, tommy gun and katana in hand
  • Concupiscent Piranha of the Apocalypse
    • View Profile
Re: Cthulhu Pre-gens
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2011, 05:12:28 PM »
Is there anywhere that has a collection of pregenerated characters for CoC/DG? (either or, preferably both)

I've tried looking and can't really find anything, and the only generators I've seen don't do the skills.

I've never actually made a CoC character, or ran a game of CoC, or played in one, and I'm giving GMing/rpgs 1 last go before I quit for good and don't want to put in the effort to try and craft the PCs without knowing too much about what they should have or not, for something that may be futile/may never happen in the first place, and my would be players are gibbering morons barely capable of rational thought with questionable literacy and heads as thick as all outdoors I wouldnt trust with plastic silverware, so there's no good god damn way Id let them try and make them (these people couldnt even get through the god damn rules for Risus for fucks sake, 6 pages...counting the introduction)

Byakhee makes character gen take about seven seconds.
"It's heresy. Burn the heretics." - Ross Payton NEVAR FORGET
"If you are asked, 'Would you like Abraham Lincoln', your answer is always YES."

Setherick

• Administrator
  • Cosmic Horror: 1d10/1d100 SAN loss
  • Economies of Scale
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2011, 05:38:04 PM »

Then why does it take me hours to generate characters for Ross' con games. Oh wait, it's because I come up with awesome ones like Martin Power!
"Something smart so that I can impress people I don't know." - Some Author I've Not Read

clockworkjoe

• BUY MY BOOK
  • Administrator
  • Extreme XP CEO
    • View Profile
    • BUY MY BOOK
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2011, 05:39:48 PM »
lol its true

Joven

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2011, 06:21:14 PM »

Ive seen that, but you have to assign the points into the skills, which is where i dont feel like i would do a good enough job to make it worth it to even try.

Tadanori Oyama

• Extreme XP CEO
  • The Full Time GM
    • View Profile
    • Full Time GM
« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2011, 06:50:11 PM »
Problem is I don't save them, I just print them out. I've got a dozen pre-gens laying around in paper form.

If you have the Detla Green corebook they list a sample character for each government agency. You could just copy those into Byakhee.

Teapot

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2011, 02:04:05 PM »
Byakhee can produce an investigator skills and all in a few seconds. Won't fill in backgrounds though.

There used to be a place called "Dholes house" or similar that had NPCs hanging out.

http://www.yog-sothoth.com/thekeep/ The Keep is an online investigator sheet manager, not what you're looking for but a neat thing.