Author Topic: Superhero names (Wild Talents)  (Read 6162 times)

Tadanori Oyama

• Extreme XP CEO
  • The Full Time GM
    • View Profile
    • Full Time GM
Superhero names (Wild Talents)
« on: September 14, 2011, 02:04:28 PM »
I'm going to be running a New Arcadia inspired game of Wild Talents as part of my local game store's "demo weekend" event and I'd like to bounce the character ideas off of some people and ask for assitance with names (hero and real). The theme is a group of unlikely heroes who've acquired their powers resently and in almost every instance, accidentally.

So far I've only got three, I'll need around six but creativity can only be rushed so much. Anyway:

A 2-bit thief who got blessed by Laverna, Roman Goddess of Thieves. Has Power Theme of being the ideal thief, mostly hyperstats and skills with one big power: super theft. Super stealing powers plus attacks with no physical change (steals the enemy's will) and defends (steal the kinetic force of the attack).

An immigrant taxi driver who checks into a hospital to have their appendix removed and wakes up with super spy augmentations due to name confusion. Hyperstats and skills focused on sneaking, spying, and assassinating. Pretty simple really.

The owner of a small business piping sub-contracting construction company who, on an under the table job, cracks open a buried alien canister and has a synthetic symbiote invade his body, removing all of his blood in the process (which it now replaces). No hyper dice at all, everything with human stats and skills and a power mix. Extra tough, regenerates, and super construction powers.

So, thoughts, problems, suggestions? Please?

clockworkjoe

• BUY MY BOOK
  • Administrator
  • Extreme XP CEO
    • View Profile
    • BUY MY BOOK
Re: Superhero names (Wild Talents)
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2011, 03:25:43 PM »
Furtive, Levator or Dismas for the thief

John Smith for the spy - only way the name confusion works IMO

Exelator, Powershift or Indomitable for the symbiote guy.

Tadanori Oyama

• Extreme XP CEO
  • The Full Time GM
    • View Profile
    • Full Time GM
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2011, 04:07:16 PM »
I like the plain name idea for the spy. I think I'll use it as a joke sort of thing though, use a name that's really common in another country, not one an American would consider common. According to Wikipedia, the undeniable and ultimate source for factual information, Muhammad Aziz or Öztürk Yılmaz or Juan González would all be very common names in their home countries.

Thanks Ross.

Shallazar

• Oregon Trail 13 Superstar
  • I AM TOM!
    • View Profile
    • Never do Nothing
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2011, 06:02:13 PM »
Real Names:

Doug Blankenhorn

Ahmed  Mahammud

Greg Scotty
I wish I was Tom.

Granted, you are now Tom.

Z

• I am worth 100 points in GURPS...ladies
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2011, 06:11:08 PM »
Greg Stolze.

Boyos

• President of the Apparatus of Kwalish fan club
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2011, 01:57:53 PM »
Agent Juan González, Now that's a sexy super spy.

I like Dismas for the thief too.

the other one eh. Idk. haha